Reoccurring AC Problems.. Everyone is Telling Me Something Different! - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Angry Reoccurring AC Problems.. Everyone is Telling Me Something Different!

When I originally bought my 2006 LS cobalt (used), of course the air conditioner was working great. 4 days later I wreck it and destroyed the original ac unit.. I got my car back and it was working great. I had to recharge it once but for about 3 months everything was fine. I got in my car one day and it just never turned back on. Nothing was blowing out of the vents, however when I would get on the highway or go above about 40mph a very very slight amount of air will blow out. I have control whether it is hot or cold, if it goes on defrost, I can also use my electric rear defroster just fine. Just no air actually coming out of the vents. I took it to a different shop because I moved out of state so I voided the original warranty on the replacement unit. My air conditioner stop working again about a week later, we took it back and got it fixed again and then finally 6 months after that it stopped working and has not been fixed. I have been told it is a bad blower, but I have also been told it was the Climate Control Unit.. which allows the nobs to do its job. If I have control of the coldness/ heat and everything does this mean it's probably a bad blower?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-22-2013, 02:50 PM
Initiate

So when you turn the fan speed selector from zero to any other speed, there is no change in the air flow?

My 2010 (and the 2007 I had) both have the same low air flow you described at higher speeds with the fan selector set to zero, and I can adjust the temp when the fan is off as well, that seems normal.

If you are turning the fan switch ON and nothing is happening, it's either the switch or the blower. I'm curious what they fixed all these times and if it's the same thing going wrong each time. Did they fix it the same way each time?

Climate Control would just cause the AC to turn on or off when the desired temperature on the thermostat is reached. The fan would keep blowing, but the compressor would stop until the cabin moves off the desired temperature again, and then the compressor would come back on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
air , blower , conditioner

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode