Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clunking from Rear

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  stratosproject 
#1 ·
So I just got home from a weekend up that mountain and on my way home, I rode it a bit hard. After I had my fun, I turned down my music and noticed a clunk coming from the back left while driving. It gets faster as the car gets faster. I'm thinking it's the back wheel bearing and I just shot it but I would like some confirmation. I haven't jacked it up to check for play yet because I'm tired as hell. When I turn to the left or right, it gets quieter/goes away or gets worse. What do y'all think?

#2 ·
Are we talking about your car?.. Or you?
ahhhhh just kidding!! :laugh:

Like you said, jack up the car and check for play, to be 100%

#3 ·
Okay, not to be a drunk guy but wtf. My lugs were loose, idk why. I tightened them up, which ended up breaking off a lug bolt. It's okay, i'll replace the lug bolt no problem. Thanks guys. if this post doesnt ,\make sense i'm drunk...:wine:wine:wine

#4 ·
just so if some random people take a look at this over time. Most of the time when a rear wheel bearing goes bad to the point there is noise there is no play in the bearing. If there is play in the bearing then its been growling so long its not even funny.

#5 ·
Oh... me and jack... anyway, Yeah, it was a one time thing. I jacked it up yesterday and found the loose lugs, like really loose. I always torque them to 100 ft/lbs so I don't know why they were loose. Then went around to tighten the other wheels and on a different wheel, the bolt broke off in the lug. Always something, right? Is it okay to drive as long as I don't go crazy? The broken lug is on the driver front tire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.