TPMS and Remote Keyless Entry - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

TPMS and Remote Keyless Entry

Has any one actually run into the problem associated with TSB 08-03-16-001B where when your car battery dies, your tire pressure monitors show all dashes ---- and they key fob will no longer lock/unlock your doors or pop your trunk? From reading, I gather that my RCDLR has died.

Is this covered under a recall?

I hate to take my car to a dealership, due to cost and don't know where to start.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom

08-03-16-001B JUL 08 Keyless Entry/TPMS - Fobs Inop/TPMS Incorrect Readings
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
According to the bulletin the RCDLR has to be reflashed with updated software. If you bought the car new and you go back to your dealer they might do it for free. Worst come to worst the assigned time for reflash is .3 hours, so that's not that bad.

#08-03-16-001B: Key Fobs Inoperative, TPM System Not Reading Correctly - Dashes on Al Four Tire Readings, DTCs C0775, C0569, B3105 Set, Unable to Program TPM Sensors (Reprogram RCDLR) - (Jul 31, 200

Subject: Key Fobs Inoperative, TPM System Not Reading Correctly - Dashes On All Four Tire Readings, DTCs C0775, C0569, B3105 Set, Unable to Program TPM Sensors (Reprogram RCDLR)

Models: 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt, HHR, Malibu

2008 Pontiac G5, G6, Solstice

2008 Saturn AURA, SKY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This bulletin is being revised to update the Important statement to reflect the new direction to no longer contact TCSC. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 08-03-16-001A (Section 03 - Suspension).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Condition
Some customers may comment that the key fobs are inoperative or that the TPM system is showing dashes as the reading for all four tires.

Technicians may find DTCs C0775, C0569 and B3105 set simultaneously in the RCDLR module.

In addition, the technicians may find Tire Pressure Monitoring sensors are unable to be programmed to the vehicle by adding or releasing pressure to the tire while the vehicles in the TPM learn mode.

Cause
These conditions may be caused by the following:

• The RCDLR may lose its transmitter and tire pressure monitoring data from its memory if a low voltage condition occurs on the vehicle.

• The ability for TPM learning by adding or releasing pressure to the tire has been disabled in the RCDLR.

Correction
Reprogram the RCDLR with an updated software calibration to address both issues listed above. This new service calibration is available on TIS2WEB using Service Programming System (SPS). As always, make sure your Tech 2 is updated with the latest software.

Important: If the Tech 2 could not establish communication with the RCDLR AND the programming event ended with error, attempt to reprogram in Service Programming System (SPS) by selecting "Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (TSB 08-03-16-001) with E4399 error -- Pass Thru Only".

Once the RCDLR module has been reflashed with the latest software and calibrations, the following may also be necessary:

• Relearn all keyless entry transmitters.

• Reconfigure the tire pressure placards and the tire type.

• Relearn the tire pressure sensors.

Refer to SI for the procedures to relearn transmitters, placard and tire type configuration and tire pressure sensor learn.

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Warranty Information
Labor Operation
Description
Labor Time

R4481
Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (RCDLR), Reprogram with SPS
Use Published Labor Operation Time

Add:
Diagnosis Time
0.0-0.3 hr

Every minute spent angry is a happy minute lost for ever and ever!!!
Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-23-2013, 09:25 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Hey, thanks Coby7. I couldn't tell if the RCDLR would be bricked or not. My assumption was that it was since I couldn't get it to learn either of these methods. Unfortunately, I didn't buy it new, but we will see what they have to say.

I appreciate your help!
Tom

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-23-2013, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
I checked this morning while programming a remote in a 2008 G5, and in one of the drop down menus of the TechII there is two sub menus; one is called Program new RCDLR and the next one is RCDLR relearn. My TechII is up to date to 2013.

So I assume this must happen once in a while to have a RCDLR relearn menu.

Every minute spent angry is a happy minute lost for ever and ever!!!
Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
tpms keyless entry

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode