Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Code p0137 x3

8K views 17 replies 3 participants last post by  ThatOneBlueBalt 
#1 ·
So I got this code going about 79mph with a full car its stayed for a month then randomly cleared then recently it came back. When my laptop read it . it said p0137 bank one and bank 2 low voltage.
is it the sensor or the wiring to the sensor?
Is this why my car is eating gas like it has the munchies?
My mom drives the car and she does not have a heavy foot. She drives it to work 20 min drive and back 20 or more depending on traffic and later drives me to work 5mins we have filled it up 3 times last week completely . its an auto 05 cobalt ls and I put 87 and when she makes me proud I fill her up 89 or 93 . any suggestions ?

#2 ·
So I got this code going about 79mph with a full car its stayed for a month then randomly cleared then recently it came back. When my laptop read it . it said p0137 bank one and bank 2 low voltage.
is it the sensor or the wiring to the sensor?
Only one bank on a Cobalt so that should read P0137 Oxygen Sensor Circuit Low Voltage (Bank 1 Sensor 2). Your Cobalt if it has no mods to the engine is tuned for 87 octane. You might find it works better with 93 but it's going to be hard on gas. When you have an HO2 sensor code the Cobalt will fall in open loop and be a lot harder on gas because it has no way of trimming fuel. You will probably need to change the downstream HO2. Believe me it will pay for itself in a few months. So don't look at it as spending money now but more as saving money down the road.

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

Try to stick with ACDelco or OEM.

#4 ·
Downstream HO2 is the one after the cat. So like the code says sensor 2.

What I did with mine is unplugged the sensor cut the wires, put a rachet to it and out it came. You can install the new one with a wrench because the wires will be in the way. Clear the code eventhough it will go away on it's own and your done.

This post has been deleted
#10 ·
That VIN only has 15 digits

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

2 digits missing, you need 17

#12 · (Edited)

#15 ·
So I guess yours takes a different one. Call a dealer with VIN, they should know.

#17 ·
I'm a bit puzzled... GM parts direct doesn't list a second HO2 sensor for your car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.