New Owner of 2009 Cobalt LT Sedan, Several Issues
I recently purchased a 2009 Cobalt LT sedan (auto transmission), 65k miles, based on a few factors:
I wanted a small car good for the city, something with great gas mileage, and something with good pickup and throttle response.
I do have a warranty up until 100k miles.
Here's the issues I'm noticing:
- Gas mileage is terrible! I'm getting 15 mpg in the city , maybe. Low 20s on highway. This is with just driver in car, maybe sometimes 1 passenger. I don't race the car off stop lights either. The air in the tires is good (actually a little high). It has been snowing a lot recently so I expected worse gas mileage but this is very low.
- Throttle delay is disappointing. I have noticed a sort of sweet spot where I have to half press the gas pedal to get the most power. The delay is worst when I'm going >35mph and then floor the pedal - there is about a half second delay before the RPMs change!
- Steering is "loose". I can turn the wheel either direction for a bit before the car turns at all. It just doesn't feel sporty at all. Can this be adjusted?
- Very rough over bumps & potholes (which there are a lot of where I live). It feels like a clunky taxi going over these, but is otherwise very smooth.
- Car locking system acts really funny (the other day it started
locking/unlocking itself while I was driving).
I'm wondering if
1) anyone else with the same car is experiencing any of these issues.
2) what I might be able to do.
I like the car and want to keep it, but these issues are dealbreakers for me right now.