Interior Noise PLEASE HELP! Have Video - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-27-2014, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Prospect

Interior Noise PLEASE HELP! Have Video

i am a proud owner of a 2009 Cobalt LT and i love the car! The only negative thing about the car that drives me nuts every time i drive it is the annoying noise coming from the front passenger side of the car. Its like a high pitched rattle. There is a link to youtube on this post where you can watch and hear the noise in which i am talking about. I'm wondering if its an interior noise or mechanical. It only starts making this noise when going 25-30mph and over moderate bumps in the road. It sounds like its coming from somewhere ahead of the glove box and more towards the side of the car...its not the glove box itself because i took the whole glove box out and car still made the noise. nothing appeared to be lose in there when i took the glove box out. i even took the center cap off the tire on that side, still made noise. I recently had new end links installed by the dealership. I have to turn the radio up above half to not here the noise when i drive. very annoying. Im hoping someone can help me out with this so i can go back to loving my car!!! Thanks for looking! Here is the link to video...

PS, car has 45K miles...

2009 Chevy Cobalt Annoying Noise - YouTube
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-27-2014, 06:33 PM
Veteran

Garage
Is your blower motor for your heater/AC running?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-27-2014, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
Prospect

It makes this noise with and without the blower motor running

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-27-2014, 07:14 PM
Veteran

Garage
Even though i'm sure its not this, I'd check anyway. pull out your cabin air filter. its behind your glove box. maybe there are some sticks and leaves down in there. Although, from the sound in the video it sounds more like metal tapping/rubbing against metal at times. I'd also suggest having someone ride along with you. maybe they can listen with their ear near the dash on that side to try to better pinpoint the area where the sound is coming from?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-27-2014, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Prospect

Just put a new cabin air filter in, it was dirty..but wasn't the solution to the problem
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-27-2014, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

My blower motor makes a noise that sounds similar to a card hitting bike spokes.. very quiet but It is annoying if music isn't on. Idk what it is.. took a mechanics mirror and stuck it in there and couldn't see any debris.. maybe something is in there. Worth trying

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-27-2014, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Prospect

Thats not my problem at all since the noise is still there when I turn blower motor off...
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-27-2014, 08:26 PM
Veteran

Garage
theres a thread over on css.net about dash rattle. I'll pm you the link. it won't post here
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-28-2014, 09:54 PM
Chevy Customer Service
YourCobalt.com Premium MemberExpert

Hi Deven534,

Hopefully some of the forum members will be able to help you through this. If you're interested in having your local Chevy dealership look into this for you, I'd be happy to assist throughout the process. Feel free to PM me your VIN and contact info if I can help.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Have you checked into Chevrolet Owner Center? You can maintain service history, check on warranty or recall information, and more. Visit my.chevrolet.com!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-12-2014, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
Prospect

Yeah I took it to the dealership again and it turns out that it was the mud gaurd came loose. They tightened it back up and noise went away! Thank God they fixed it!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode