Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Power Locks Semi-Responsive

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  upperninety89 
#1 ·
I did a few searches on this but couldn't find an exact answer to my issue, which is two-fold, and perhaps unrelated to one another:

1. My driver-side power lock button is tempremental. It only responds to my presses after several depressions.
  2. My driver-side plunger does not respond to either power lock button (driver or passenger side) and has to be manually depressed.

I'm not sure if this is a wiring issue or more mechanical but I hope someone has run into a similar issue that can help me troubleshoot. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
#4 ·
Yes, you have two problems and most likely the plunger is fine if the passenger also doesn't lock with the remote.

#6 ·
I believe passenger door lock switch locks only the passenger door. The drivers door is suppose to lock both and unlock passenger on second depression of the switch.

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

Does the passenger door lock switch lock the passenger door okay?

#7 ·
Just went out to take a look. A couple of observations:

Passenger side lock switch is currently locking the passenger door as well as both rear doors. The driver side lock switch is doing the same. Both on the first depression of the switch.

Oddly enough, I noticed that the passenger side plunger was getting stuck every once in awhile on consecutive button depressions.

#8 ·
Start by changing the drivers side door, cheap way to eliminate the switch. Rockauto has them for $7.42

DORMAN Part # 901125 {#15777129}
Category: Door Lock Switch
Part Image
CAD$7.42

#9 ·
I have a similar problem. Rainwater leaked into the switch circuits and caused some corrosion/bad connection. I pulled them out, scratched off the rusty stuff and colored in the missing lines on the circuit board with a metallic pen. It worked great for a few weeks before letting go. Now the driver's side only locks, and the passenger side is dead. It doesn't bother me so I haven't replaced them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.