Gasoline smell and bad usage. - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-01-2016, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Gasoline smell and bad usage.

I own a 05 chevy cobalt and when ever i start it i can smell the gasoline But then i no longer do, however i diagnost it and there was no codes and this car use ridiculous amount of gas. I change the exhaust manifold because of and leak dew to the body of it. I check all my o2 sensors and there all in good condition but it's still does explain why it's so bad on fuel which recently started to occur. At first the was an code saying (engine lean bank 1) which leaded me to the exhaust leak so i thought that's y i had this bad fuel usage but after such repair there was no difference. Can someone help me out here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-02-2016, 03:16 PM
Initiate

Call your nearest GM dealership. There is special extended warranty coverage for a fuel leak from the fuel tank, so it should be fixed under warranty. You give the dealership your VIN and they can look up the warranties.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-02-2016, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Oh ok i went today and they where closed. But i bought this car from someone so am not sure how the warranty goes..

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-02-2016, 09:58 PM
Initiate

I believe the special warranty coverage is for 10 years/150k miles. Theyll look it up, the warranty is tied to the VIN not the original owner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode