Gauges Going Haywire - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-05-2016, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Gauges Going Haywire

I have a 2007 Cobalt LS and occasionally all the gauges will go crazy and the check enginge light, traction control light, power steering light, and ABS light will come on and there seems to be a clicking noise coming from the gearshift nob or somewhere in that area mostly when i push the brakes. While all of this is happening the transmission will jump pretty hard while shifting and the power steering feels to be not working. I read somewhere on here that the 25 fuse i believe fixes the problem. This use to fix my problem for a couple weeks, but now it seems like i will replace that fuse it will work and then the next day it will do the same thing. I do not know if the fuse block needs to be replaced or may be there is a short somewhere but if anyone has an idea of what i can try to fix i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

I also forgot to say that the fuse is not being blown but it looks like the metal prongs or legs or whatever they are called lol look almost to have scratches or etchings on them. It is hard for me to explain i could post a picture of one after I get off if needed though i do not know if that is an issue or not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-05-2016, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
If the fuse doesn't solve the problem it's because you now have a different problem. Try removing the 2 blue connectors on the BCM and plugging them back in a few times. This will clean any build-up of corrosion on the pins. If this clears the problem for a couple of months then next time give it a good cleaning and add a bit of dielectric grease.

Every minute spent angry is a happy minute lost for ever and ever!!!
Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode