Shakes Turns into Mysterious Shut Off While PARKED! - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
Initiate

Garage
Shakes Turns into Mysterious Shut Off While PARKED!

Hello Everyone,

I am having an unusual issue with my 2006 Chevy Cobalt LS. Unfortunately, today when coming home from work, my car unexpectedly turned off while the key was still in the ON position in the ignition. This is not the first time it has happened. It has happened once before in March 2016 and once today (May 2016). Luckily for me it only occurs when I am at home and not in any real danger. However, I think it is really weird and I am not sure of the issue. The situation starts when I am reversing into my driveway as usual and I put my vehicle in park once completed; the car will then does a vibration or shake which I will feel in my seat and the car would mysteriously turn off before I would turn it off. It does vibrate/shake frequently but only when parked and it can be only be felt in the driver seat and the passenger seat (not sure of the back seat because no one really sits back there. LOL). I haven't had the issue looked at yet because I haven't been working but now I am working and I am very CONCERNED AND CAUTIOUS. I will be taking it to my local mechanic to have him inspect it for the cause.

Please help with any suggestions or tips you may have as it will be very appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
ignition , park , shaking , turn off , vibrating

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode