Cobalt Locked Up - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Cobalt Locked Up

05 cobalt 2.2,went to corner store didn't shut off vehicle sister was in it and everything went dim and engine shut down tried restart got nothing called for help tried jumping it acted like no power got nothing but faint time showing on radio key stuck did button underneath to remove came back next day jumped it again but this time the jump cables got hot and I immediately pulled them off but during those two minutes the car showed no sign of life no lights in cluster not even the time from radio so I brought out the multimeter for a reading and I got a -0.743v across post so went under hood got same I've never seen this before on a battery

Things I've checked all fuses bcm and under hood fuses voltage at front and back voltage on bcm I'm not very familiar with wiring of this vehicle if it was my bmw it would be done by now let me include new engine starter intake any advice at what I should b looking for would b great or my next step mother in law doesn't need to b walking to work
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 08:16 AM
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmase View Post
05 cobalt 2.2,went to corner store didn't shut off vehicle sister was in it and everything went dim and engine shut down tried restart got nothing called for help tried jumping it acted like no power got nothing but faint time showing on radio key stuck did button underneath to remove came back next day jumped it again but this time the jump cables got hot and I immediately pulled them off but during those two minutes the car showed no sign of life no lights in cluster not even the time from radio so I brought out the multimeter for a reading and I got a -0.743v across post so went under hood got same I've never seen this before on a battery

Things I've checked all fuses bcm and under hood fuses voltage at front and back voltage on bcm I'm not very familiar with wiring of this vehicle if it was my bmw it would be done by now let me include new engine starter intake any advice at what I should b looking for would b great or my next step mother in law doesn't need to b walking to work
Check the ground wire, make sure it's got a good connection.

You might have hooked jumper cables backwards would explain them getting hot.

Also, Alternator may have died.

Last edited by jbealer1995; 06-21-2016 at 09:21 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode