2009 Cobalt power to fuel pump issue - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-06-2016, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

2009 Cobalt power to fuel pump issue

My buddy has a 2009 Cobalt. The car cranks but won't start. No fuel pressure. The fuel pump does not engage when KOEO. The fuel relay works and the fuel fuse is fine. The fuel pump will operate when power is wired directly to the pump itself and the wiring harness connected to to the pump also transfers power correctly. Is this a bad ECM?

Everything else in the car operates as it should and the only code it throws out is P0138 (O2 Oxygen Sensor Circuit High Voltage (Bank1, Sensor2))

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-25-2016, 04:33 PM
Newcomer

Where is the fuel fuse? I removed the fuel pump relay and the car stopped running. Now it won't run at all. I thought the fuel pump relay was the headlight relay based on some post that said you could put the headlight relay/fuse in the AC Clutch Relay/fuse slot to see if the AC Clutch fuse was working.

I put a multimeter on the relay and found it worked on 2 of the 4 prongs. Saw on a post that 2 of the prongs are for power and then once powered the other 2 close the circuit basically, so I imagine should only see the reading on the 2 prongs.

Anyway. My AC was/is only working on high, replaced the resistor did not solve problem. Another post said to refill ac Freon because low pressure in system on a cobalt means it won't run correctly.

Long story short, my ac only works on high and pulling the fuel pump relay under the hood made my entire car now not work. ANY IDEAS WHAT TO DO NOW? Which is the fuel fuse, right next to the relay?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-25-2016, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Fuel pump fuse is underhood 15 amp

Every minute spent angry is a happy minute lost for ever and ever!!!
Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode