Engine Noise.. I Know - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-20-2016, 12:23 AM Thread Starter
Prospect

Engine Noise.. I Know

Hey everyone. So I have a 2007 cobalt, manual 2.2 with 55k miles. I have an engine noise coming from driver side, back side of the engine. At least that's the location I can tell from inside the car. I have replaced the Timing chain tensioner. I took the cam cover off and checked chain is tight. I thought that might be the issue. I charged my ac system a few months ago, because it wasn't cold. After I charged it I noticed I started getting a humming noise when the AC was on. It wasn't loud until recently. Then about a month ago, I noticed this noise, it is only when I accelerate, mid and wot. It makes this sound, if I easily accelerate I don't get the sound. It sounds like a spitting/ticking/grinding noise. I have no lose of power, car still accelerates hard, there is no knocking or anything else. It doesn't make the sound when down shifting, only when I am on the gas pedal. I smell fuel but my guess it's the plastic connecters that crack I haven't replaced them yet. What could this be. I am hoping it is minor, This is my only vehicle if it breaks I am up the creek. So if anyone can help please. I am at my limit with this thing. I want to set it on fire let it burn and then call my insurance company.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode