2008 Cobalt Clicking Before Starting
I have a 2008 Cobalt that has multiple issues. I'll list every issue in case one issue might be linked to another, and what I have done to the car so far.
1. The main problem is sometimes the car will not start. It will click multiple times. Most of the time it will start after a few clicks. The car will start every time with a jump.
2. With the car off, there is a draw of almost 1 amp. Removing two fuses, 1 for radio, 1 for xm, lowers the draw to 400 MA, which still seems like a lot.
3. I noticed that someone put a 50 or 60amp fuse in for the starter. I replaced it with the correct 30amp fuse.
4. Cruise control will sometimes randomly shut off on interstate. After it turns off, I usually can't get it turned back on.
5. Trunk release button is not working.
What's been done:
About a year ago, the ECM and TCM had to be replaced.
The battery is new, checks out 12.4 volts on meter. I can not get a decent reading when checking the battery from the front of the car, only from the battery itself.