Clutch Acting Weird After Getting Wet - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-17-2016, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Clutch Acting Weird After Getting Wet

Have an 06 manual cobalt with 78k on it. Clutch is original. It was pretty muggy out all day. Had a pretty bad thunderstorm tonight that flooded a few roads. I didn't see a road that had been washed over in more than a foot of standing water. Traveling about 40 and only slowed a bit before I hit the water. Figured I didn't want the exhaust flooded, so I kept on the gas until I was out of the water. The water covered about 200 feet. Car runs fine, and I am not having any electrical issues, but the clutch is grabbing different. At the end of the pedal travel when I release the clutch, it is intermittently grabbing. Feels like a bad start in first gear when you accidentally let out the clutch too fast without giving it enough gas. Happens in all of the gears though. When up shifting, it feels like the clutch is stuttering or jerking. My question is, could the clutch have gotten wet? Is there a way to dry it out, and is there any permanent damage that might occur?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode