Help Please. - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-22-2016, 08:41 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Help Please.

First off i apologize if there has already been a thread on this. I wasn't able to find it. But I have a 07 2.2 auto cobalt. I'll fill you guys inn on where it all.started. I took the car to a shop because it needed a new transmission. They put one in and ever since I got the car bad I've had nothing but trouble. It ran perfectly fine before it needed the transmission.i got it back and it had no power and was misfiring all over the place. Found out the line going to the solenoid by the motor coming from under the car had been snapped off. I fixed that and I got the power back but the car continued to shift hard and it had a terrible cold start where I would have to start it 5 times to get out of the driveway.today I cleaned out the maf and checked the solenoid and everything looks good. Put it all back together and it runs great now. I went from having multiple issues to just one. Now when I go to take off the car stutters in first gear around 2200rpm. Sounds like the fuel is getting cut off for some reason. Any ideas as to what could cause that. Could they have snapped or broken a wire somewhere or is it a sensor? I know they had to replace the wires going to the speed sensor in the transmission because they had snapped those. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Just wanna get my car back to running how it was.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-22-2016, 10:46 AM
Contributor

Are there any OBD codes set or is the MIL light on (check engine)?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-22-2016, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Its on. I wound up resetting the computer and the stuttering went away but the transmission is shifting hard again. Not nearly as bad as it was before. I'll have to get the codes read sometime tomorrow. I would today but got too much to do. This has got to be the weirdest problem I've ever had to deal with on any car lol.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-22-2016, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
I think you brought it to the wrong shop, better scratch them of your list if they don't want to help you out. Did you try re-seating the BCM connectors, this might have been your problem from day 1.

Every minute spent angry is a happy minute lost for ever and ever!!!
Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode