Turn Signal Lever Won't Reset - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kevin2341

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Turn Signal Lever Won't Reset

Hi everyone I'm new and wanted to see if anyone could help me out. I have a 2007 Cobalt SS that I just replaced the turn signal lever on. The old one wasn't going back after a turn so I went ahead and bought a new one. It worked perfectly around the neighborhood but after getting on the highway it started doing the same thing as the old one! Now the brand new lever won't go back and it doesn't even make the click sound that the old one did
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 08:50 AM
Expert

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2341 View Post
It worked perfectly around the neighborhood but after getting on the highway it started doing the same thing as the old one!
Wait, so are you doing a full 90 degree turn on the highway? If not, it's not going to auto-cancel. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding the problem here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
Believe me, these cars have a habit of growing on their owners. Your feelings will only strengthen over time...
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 09:36 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Yes getting out of my neighborhood and going onto the highway requires me to make full 90 degree turns. Even going to work this morning they stay on until I put the lever back. With the old broken one I could at least hear it click when it was suppose to

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 09:55 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Coby did this write up a while back and showed how the lever works, you may want to look into it.

https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/int...nal-lever.html at the end of the post he shows the innards of the lever

WA636R - Switchblade Silver Mt 09 Sedan LT 2.2L LAP......Auto!

MODS:Fe5 TC Shock + Struts\Moog Endlinks\YYZ V1 Springs\SC Gunmetal Wheels. Badmab Shorty Header\GMPP Performance Exhaust\ZZP 2.5 Catted DP\K&N Drop-in filter\High Flow Intake Tube. Gen4 Headlights\6K Low Beam HID\LED 3rd Brake Light\LED Turn Signals,Plate,Trunk, Dome, Reverse, Side-marker\ Debadge "LT" & GM fender badges\Shorty Antenna

Join YC.com on Facebook! Like YC.com on facebook too!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

I used his guide to take my old one apart and knew it was completely toast. The new one that I installed shouldn't go out this quick? Either way I'll probably take It out after I get home and see what's going on
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
yea that i find odd myself, my car has been doing the same thing for a while now i just haven't looked into opening the thing yet. i plan to soon though, i just hope i don't have to buy a new one. Was the new one you bough OEM?

MODS:Fe5 TC Shock + Struts\Moog Endlinks\YYZ V1 Springs\SC Gunmetal Wheels. Badmab Shorty Header\GMPP Performance Exhaust\ZZP 2.5 Catted DP\K&N Drop-in filter\High Flow Intake Tube. Gen4 Headlights\6K Low Beam HID\LED 3rd Brake Light\LED Turn Signals,Plate,Trunk, Dome, Reverse, Side-marker\ Debadge "LT" & GM fender badges\Shorty Antenna

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Yes the new one I bought was the ACDelco D6254E GM Original Equipment Turn Signal and Headlamp Dimmer Switch from Amazon. It worked perfectly for the first drive I took after installing it
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
that's odd, wish i could help more but i'm not sure what the issue is there.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 12:02 PM
Expert

Garage
Sounds like you may have just gotten a lemon of a replacement. Did you buy it brand new? If so, maybe ask for a replacement or refund.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
Believe me, these cars have a habit of growing on their owners. Your feelings will only strengthen over time...
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Fixed!! I took apart the steering cover and noticed that once I put everything back the top cover pushed the lever out enough that it didn't fully click into place. Now it's back up and running good as new fully seated
Parthros likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode