DTC U2107 Fix - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

DTC U2107 Fix

Hey! I'm new to these forums, but not new to them if you know what I mean, lol. I've always looked to them when I needed to fix my Cobalt, but I have now came across an issue to which I haven't seen a direct fix to. I have a lone DTC U2107 code in my car which states, Lost Communications with Body Control System and an issue I have seen is: No start no crank, unless jumped and then car doesn't last long before dying again, but battery and alternator is fine. Any suggestions on this? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Try re-seating connectors on the BCM a few times to clean any possible corrosion and flip fuse 26 ( ECM/TCM ) upper left corner. Check all 3 BCM fuses.

Every minute spent angry is a happy minute lost for ever and ever!!!
Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

I'll try these as soon as I get home around 7 tonight. By re-seating the connectors on the BCM, are you referring to the blue L-like shaped connectors, and how should I go about cleaning them? Also, by flipping fuse 26, do you mean to just pull it out, turn it the opposite way, and to place it back in. Lastly, I've only seen 2 BCM fuses, which were under the hood, so where is the third one? Sorry for all of the questions, but I'm trying to make sure that I do these things correctly. Thanks again!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 12:29 PM
Prospect

50 amp in trunk next to battery. Thx via coby7
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-19-2016, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coby7 View Post
Try re-seating connectors on the BCM a few times to clean any possible corrosion and flip fuse 26 ( ECM/TCM ) upper left corner. Check all 3 BCM fuses.
Well, Coby7, it actually took me until now to get to my car...been having a seriously busy time with other things, but I finally did. I didn't know how to take off the connectors, so I tried taking the BCM fuse in the trunk out and the ECM/TCM fuse out first and found out that the BCM fuse in the trunk was fine, but the ECM/TCM fuse was burned on the prongs, but it still had continuity via a multimeter and the wire wasn't broken either. Being concerned I took out another fuse by random and it was the exact same. Do you know what that could be from? Btw, jump started my car before I did this and my car didn't seem to have any issue, but I didn't try to drive it either. Wouldn't crank on its on afterward, but I checked the battery and it's dead.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travislrone View Post
Quote:
Well, Coby7, it actually took me until now to get to my car...been having a seriously busy time with other things, but I finally did. I didn't know how to take off the connectors, so I tried taking the BCM fuse in the trunk out and the ECM/TCM fuse out first and found out that the BCM fuse in the trunk was fine, but the ECM/TCM fuse was burned on the prongs, but it still had continuity via a multimeter and the wire wasn't broken either. Being concerned I took out another fuse by random and it was the exact same. Do you know what that could be from? Btw, jump started my car before I did this and my car didn't seem to have any issue, but I didn't try to drive it either. Wouldn't crank on its on afterward, but I checked the battery and it's dead.
Can anyone else help me with this?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Did you change your battery? Did you re-seat the connectors? Just pull the blue levers and the connectors will pull away. Disconnect battery first.

Every minute spent angry is a happy minute lost for ever and ever!!!
Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Quote:
Did you change your battery? Did you re-seat the connectors? Just pull the blue levers and the connectors will pull away. Disconnect battery first.
I haven't changed the battery because I was afraid of it going bad just like my current one did before I had this problem fixed. I'll try to re-seat the connectors soon and get a new battery as well. I'll post back once I can do this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode