Radiator Problems.... - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 08:43 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Radiator Problems....

hey people been a while! okay story time! loll.... my original radiator lasted 150K miles and it developed a small leak from the drain plug area it was a small leak about 6-8oz over a 4 day period(i left a small cup underneath to see how bad the leak was). so i ordered a cheap (about 50 bucks) radiator from ebay it had a lifetime warranty.

So i installed that and about two weeks later i now have a small leak on the other side....the car sat on a Saturday and it was fine but Tuesday i had a small puddle on the driver side this time.. the leak is coming from the upper end of the radiator (fan shroud is wet). i opened the coolant cap and there was a little amount of pressure built up. (is that normal for sitting for a while??)

is it just a struck of bad luck where the replacement radiator is bad as well or is there something more going on? i hope its not a gasket but no loss of coolant besides the one that is on the ground. ill check oil later. any suggestions or ideas would be great thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
gopi hira , leaking again. , radiator

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode