New to the Site, LNF Issue - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

New to the Site, LNF Issue

Hello everyone, just signed up to the site and this is my first post besides an introduction.
Got an issue where I'll be driving and I'll get the warnings "Engine pwr reduced", "ESC Off", and "Service Traction Control". Car loses a bit of power, and the turbo doesn't produce boost, but I'm not throwing a CEL. No codes at all. I've heard some horror stories about cars dropping to like 10-15mph on the freeway when they get these warnings but nothing like that has happened to me. I had a past issue where I lost boost and had a CEL, codes were for the MAF sensor and related to a bad wire harness. Replaced and fixed. But this is different.
It's happened twice now and the first time was during some insanely dense fog. Like, couldn't see further than 10ft in front of me. The second was during some very light mist/drizzle while on the freeway so I'm wondering if moisture plays a role here. I've searched and found a couple threads that may indicate a problem with my throttle body sensors, but they seemed to be accompanied by a CEL and codes, which is not the case with my car. Both times, the warnings came on after driving the car for about 30-40 minutes. Shutting the car off and starting it back up makes the issue go away and I get full boost again and no warnings.

Car is an 09 Cobalt SS 2.0LNF and was bought used and mostly stock. It has a K&N CAI and some kind of tune (I believe it's trifecta, as putting the car into "competition mode" activates the tune. It produces about 20-24PSI with the tune active. Any help in how to find out which tune I have would also be appreciated, but it's not my main concern.) but no other aftermarket performance parts.

Thanks to everyone in advance for any help they can provide!

Last edited by W4RMachine; 01-26-2017 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Added more info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode