2008 LS HVAC Fan on the BC - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

2008 LS HVAC Fan on the BC & P0128 on the LT

Well poo,
Let LC use the BC the other day while waiting for her clock spring. She did give me give me a tank of gas for the use.

Now today i get in and.....NO HVAC fan.....pooo. Almost felt like calling BlondStar to let them know im about to sweat.

Checked out Coby7's post
https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/int...1282-hvac.html and will start the diagnostics from that schematic.

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

And......We have fan!!

Pulled The BCM cover and chedked fuses 10, 16 and saw the 30A was good.
Pulled the resistor pack down and verifyied it was good.
Unplugged the connector off of the fan motor after removing the blue connector lock.
There is a bit of charring color on the lock and there is a little pitting on one of the pins in the connector.
Reached up under the dash and followed wire for the fan motor to the next connector. After disconnecting, veirfyied ground on the bofy side of the connector.
This leaves about a foot of wire from the motor to the next connector wit both ends free to check.
I was only able to make continuity on one side.......at first.
After a quick burnish of the connectors by plugging it in the disconnecting a few times....we now have fan again.
And thanks again to Coby7 for the schematic

Hmmm
This might need a bit more agressive connector cleaning for a longer term solution.....l DID NOT use any dielectric grease on the connectors at this time.

Now the LC calls from Chicago claiming a new P0128 symptom on her Silver 08 LT
Seems she installed a T-stat from Azone in Kentucky last week after the DIC read ---- and gave her the code..

We will see in the am if R&R of the BCM connectors several times and R&R of the temp sending unit connector adresses the problem. It will be 1 Sept before I get to see the car.

Last edited by 1966tbird; 07-16-2017 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Auto misspell activated on me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-17-2017, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
Contributor

LC called. She installed a new temp sensor &had Azone clear the code. She can read the temp on the DIC.
Now clue as to what sequence she used or what fixed the display ---- reading for temp.
Now off to clean up and head over to Cheby for heater connector & pins.

BC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode