Motor/Transmission Mounts for 2.2 Manual - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Motor/Transmission Mounts for 2.2 Manual

Hey, all. I have a 2006 Cobalt LS, 2.2l w/ a manual transmission. I have gotten different quotes from different shops, and also can not for the life of me find the mounts I need on the internet. I believe there are 4 mounts, 2 motor and 2 transmission. I'm probably wrong. Can anyone tell me the different mounts and possibly list/link the parts and their numbers? I'd like to change them out myself if I can, but I need to know what to buy. Thank you in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 08:41 AM
Say What again!
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Are you just looking for stock replacement mounts, or upgraded performance mounts?

There should be one motor mount and three transmission mounts.

This actually should give you all the part numbers and a nice diagram:

ENGINE & TRANSMISSION MOUNTING-L4

1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z - Wrecked/Sold
1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Wrecked/Donated
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - 17" MSR 013s, Black Bowties, Black Tails, UR Rear Lower Bar
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
2017 Chevrolet Volt LT - Black Bowties
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

I'm not too sure yet to be honest. I'm leaning more towards the performance mounts, I want to make my car a sleeper. Maybe take it to the track once I'm done with school and have a daily driver. What would you recommend?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 05:25 AM
Say What again!

Garage
I'd recommend the TTR stuff, as that is what I have: Drivetrain - Turbo Tech Racing

I will warn you, the vibrations are very, very large. But you won't have wheelhop should you choose to push some real power through the car, so its a tradeoff.

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - 17" MSR 013s, Black Bowties, Black Tails, UR Rear Lower Bar
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster

Last edited by MP81; 05-03-2017 at 05:27 AM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Is there any video showing the vibrations? I really would like the upgraded mounts, but if it's too bad I'm not gonna want to deal with it for too long
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 04:20 AM
Say What again!

Garage
You won't be able to tell via a video, it has to be felt.

Given what I've done to my car, it just adds to the package, and I know it's there for a purpose so I don't mind. You get used to it - and its fun to see other people's reactions.

It honestly just feels like a long sub hit - and it's most prominent when mine shifts into 4th gear at low RPM. You don't really notice it as much as you do then. Yours being a manual may be different all together.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 08:42 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Gotcha, alright. I appreciate everything, thank you. I'm probably going to go with the performance mounts then
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
mounts

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode