Restricted Cabin Air Flow 2005 Cobalt - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Restricted Cabin Air Flow 2005 Cobalt

This is driving me nuts. Air flow is very low on all fan settings. The air does seem to switch between floor dash and defrost. Switches from cold ac to warm air fine. Replaced cabin air filter. Fan is very strong and changes speed just fine. It sounds like fan is laboring to pull in air in outside air or recirc mode. Does anyone have any fresh ideas of what to check. You will be my daughters hero if you figure out the answer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 09:32 PM
Contributor

Check the diverter valve/motor (blend door actuator)
Locate the 2 on the drivers side, left foot, kick panel, just under the dash.
One motor is temp blend door. The other is register control, to change the air flow between floor, dash and windshield.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

I was able to get both actuators out and tested them both. Seem to be moving fine. Tried to manually adjust the mode door and it seems loose almost like it fell out of some kind of pivot point on the other side. It doesn't swing freely. Temp blend is not moving at all. Anyone have that experience? I am already thinking this won't be easy

Last edited by Jrostowsky; 06-17-2017 at 03:04 PM.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Update on progress. Temp blend door is moving freely. Mode door still not moving. Still feels like something feel out of place. Decided to change things up and start testing from air source in. Open area under windshield and can see clearly to recirc door opening and closing without any obstructions so counting that as a positive. Next going to follow Chilton instructions on how to take apart center console to get to heater core. Looks like that might be a way in to see what is going on and look for mor obstructions and reach to mode door. Will keep everyone informed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
cabin , cobalt 2005 , low air flow , restricted air flow

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode