2010 Chevy cobalt no start - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 07:43 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

2010 Chevy cobalt no start

I have a 2.2 in it that I have recently replaced the timing chain on. I also did the head in order to check the valves. I got it all put back together and now it won't start. Cranks good but won't fire up. I have spark and fuel pressure. I am sure I got the timing lined up correctly. It said engine power reduced before I cleared the codes. I have cam solenoid codes but that was caused from metal shavings in the oil and shouldn't affect startup? I also cleaned them. I don't know why it won't fire. I have read a lot about the crankshaft position sensor but I have no codes indicating that. I am tight on cash after the repair and need to get this figured out without slapping tons of parts on. Is there a reason I need a high end scanner to get it running?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 08:11 AM
Prospect

You could ohm the crankshaft position sensor. It's worth a shot. You couo d also check compression to see if the timing is correct.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 08:15 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

I am going to ohm it right now. Also I believe compression is fine but I will test. Could I have been on the wrong stroke when aligning the timing? It's not something I took into consideration beforehand. Also it's throwing a P0010. Would a cam sensor or solenoid keep it from starting?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode