My Cobalt Starts then Stalls After a Few Seconds. - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

My Cobalt Starts then Stalls After a Few Seconds.

To start, I have an 06 Cobalt LS 2.2l. Alright, so last month I was having the same issue. I cleaned my throttle body, lubed it up and then I was all good. Last night when I got in my car to go home from work, it kept stalling. It started, but would bog out and stall. I took off the air intake to make sure the throttle wasn't stuck, and when I put it back on and started the car it stayed running. I got it home, took it out today and everything was alright. I went and pulled the codes. I got P0030, P0036, P0102, P0443, P0135, and P0141. I have noticed it idle a little weird today, and I'm scared its going to happen again and I wont be able to drive. Do you guys think I just need to change the MAF sensor? It looks clean so I don't think cleaning it will do much. I don't think I need to change the o2 sensors. What are your thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-18-2017, 08:12 AM
Expert

Garage
Sounds like it could be your MAF sensor, so try cleaning that, and also check your air filter to make sure it's clean. If that doesn't work, then maybe the MAF and/or O2 sensors need to be replaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
Believe me, these cars have a habit of growing on their owners. Your feelings will only strengthen over time...
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-18-2017, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
My 2¢, Doubt very much that both HO² sensors would fail both heater and sensor, then the purge and the MAF sensor. To have 6 failures simultaneously I would look at a bad ground, broken or frayed wire maybe even the contacts on the fuse tabs that supply these sensors with voltage. This should be a cheap fix if you can find where the wire is touching.

Every minute spent angry is a happy minute lost for ever and ever!!!
Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

Last edited by Coby7; 09-18-2017 at 10:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
maf , stall , starts

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode