Please help with 2008 cobalt - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-07-2017, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Please help with 2008 cobalt

Well I was having an issue with my cobalt with no lights turning on the dash what so ever and the car would not start. Went to the dealer. Took them a full week I guess the fuse box was bad and fried them rock and tcm. Got a new battery, a new fuse box, a new ecm, and a new tcm. Drove it home and to work. Took it to work the next day and half way there it started having all these signals go off at once ?low fuel , power steering, ect? Even the security light turned on for the key. I turned it off and turned it back on and I got to work normally. Got to work fine but the check engine light stayed on. It drove normal. Tried to start it a day later and the engine will not crank at all please help. The engine seems fine. I pushed in all the fuses and relays as well. All the fuses are brand new
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-07-2017, 02:57 PM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Looks like the dealer you brought it to screwed you over. No lights in the dash is how your Cobalt warns you that both your tail lights are burnt. The BCM has a sense resistor on the voltage line going to the rear. If it senses no current load when lights are suppose to be ''ON'' it turns ''OFF'' the cluster lights to warn you that you have no tail lights. I would bring it back to this dealer that probably charged you an arm and a leg and tell them the parts they changed solved nothing.

Every minute spent angry is a happy minute lost for ever and ever!!!
Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-07-2017, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Well they got my car running, which would not run before. I ended up paying $1500 for the repairs and got a 12 month warranty. All the lights on the dash still turn on now. It just won?t crank at all

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-07-2017, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coby7 View Post
Looks like the dealer you brought it to screwed you over. No lights in the dash is how your Cobalt warns you that both your tail lights are burnt. The BCM has a sense resistor on the voltage line going to the rear. If it senses no current load when lights are suppose to be ''ON'' it turns ''OFF'' the cluster lights to warn you that you have no tail lights. I would bring it back to this dealer that probably charged you an arm and a leg and tell them the parts they changed solved nothing.
sorry I?m new to the forums and I?m just so desperate here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode