Shifter solenoid clicking and shifting hard need help. - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-19-2017, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Shifter solenoid clicking and shifting hard need help.

I have a 2010 Cobalt with auto trans, 140k miles. Normally the solenoid would click while in park when pressing the brake pedal, before shifting out of park. Lately the solenoid has been clicking when pressing the brake pedal while driving and the car has been shifting hard from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. The problem is intermittent but is becoming more frequent within the past week. The car only shifts rough when the solenoid is clicking while driving, when it doesn?t the car shifts smooth, no problem at all. I have searched the forum and tried reseating the connections to the BCM (fuse panel inside the cab), removing and testing all related fuses, removed and cleaned ground under driver side headlight, under fuse panel in engine compartment and on transmission by radiator hose next to radiator fan (none of them were coroded) and removed cleaned and reseated the connections to the TCM and PCM. Im about to take it to a mechanic but would rather fix the issue myself. Could the problem be the solenoid if it?s hit and miss or the neutral safety switch? I tried the remove the neutral safety switch plug but it would not come off and did not want to break it, is there a trick to getting it off? I would really appreciate it if anyone had a solution to this problem. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-03-2017, 06:12 PM
Newcomer

wire bundle chaffing

Check the wire bundle that runs near the oil filter manifold. Your have to take the plastic cover off to access the oil filter. Mine was rubbed right through to the bare wires
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode