Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Car Needing to "Prime" to Start

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  BoBotheBarbaria 
#1 ·
So i bought my 2005 Cobalt for 900 and it had a few things wrong with it, no ac brake light stuff like that. I fixed all that minor stuff and then one day it just would start. Alternator had died so i replaced that, about a month later it was having issues starting would take a while to start up and what not then it just stopped working. Took it to the shop they said the started had died which i figured, then they replace that and say the fuel pump had also went bad so i had that replaced. A week later it died i brought it back to them and they said that it was just a bad fuel pump and they put another new one in. A few weeks later i was getting a check engine light saying it was running to lean. i see there is a hose missing and the nipple broken off. At this point my car is starting to have an issue starting. Like it will crank for a few seconds then start. So i take care of the hose and replace the fuel injectors. A week later it still is having trouble starting and by now i have figured out, that when i get in if i turn the key over and let the gas gauge needle run all the way up to how full my tank is and then try to start it, it works. So last week i replaced the fuel filter and this past weekend i ran some seafoam through it. But this morning it was still having the issue. And if i drive the car somewhere say the corner store and run inside real quick and come back out and try to start it, it has no trouble at all and i don't even have to wait for the gas needle to go all the way up. does anyone have any ideas on what this could be? My wife is getting really irritated of me spending more and more money and not fixing the problem.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.