P0011 P0014 P0017 - 2009 Cobalt LT - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-16-2017, 11:12 AM Thread Starter
Prospect

P0011 P0014 P0017 - 2009 Cobalt LT

Ole so I have P0011 P0014 and P0017 codes all popping up and a ticking noise when I rev up. TIMING CHAIN IS BRAND NEW. I just replaced it. I also replaced Exhaust actuator solenoid. I had a rod knock so the connecting rod bearings have also been replaced. Now I have these three codes popping up with the ticking noise starting around 1100+ RPMs.

Any ideas?

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

The only thing Iíve noticed that seems different in any way is because itís a VVT, it has the different cam gears and they have oil that leaks out near the center bolt when I turn the crankshaft. I donít know if this is normal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-16-2017, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Maybe you forgot to connect the crank position sensor. Those 3 codes tell me the ECM doesn't know where the cams are sitting in correlation with the crankshaft.

P0011 Intake Camshaft Position (CMP) System Performance ECM
P0014 Exhaust Camshaft Position (CMP) System Performance ECM
P0017 Crankshaft Position (CKP) - Exhaust Camshaft Position (CMP) Correlation - ECM, PCM

Every minute spent angry is a happy minute lost for ever and ever!!!
Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-16-2017, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
Prospect

Iím going out to double check that now. Also, Is There A simple way to check the timing without removing the cover again. Someone seems to think because I released the tensioner piston BEFORE I installed that maybe it caused issues and ya out of time again.

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

Yes crank sensor is still plugged in. I forgot, I never even unplugged the crank sensor. Itís very hard to get to under the filter.

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

I just check resistance one Exhaust and intake solenoid actuators and the Exhaust one reads 12.3 ohms and the I take fluctuates between 13.6 ohms and 14.9 ohms. The Exhaust one is brand new and the intake is the old one. Would this cause my issue?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-17-2017, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
Prospect

Anyone know how to check the timing on these motors without removing the timing chain cover?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode