Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What is This Cable? Corroded Power Cable.

5K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  rejuvenation 
#1 · (Edited)
I jumped in my 09 Cobalt the other day and went to crank it but it didn't start up so I grabbed the wife's car and headed to work. When I got back I couldn't use the key fob to open the doors. Stuck the key in and open the doors and received lots of fun honking from the anti-theft system. The car still wouldn't crank so I did some investigating. After checking a few things I found my battery was completely submerged in water and looked like it had been for quite some time. I drained the water, cleaned up the post on the batter, and dropped it on a charger to make sure it was good. Still no start after tossing it back in though (power to lights/radio/etc this whole time) so I did a little more digging around and found a cable near my battery was corroded and broke. I cannot figure out what this cable is to try and replace it. Does anyone have any knowledge of a part number or name for the cable? It looks to connect to something that comes off the positive battery cable.

Thanks,
Elliot

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
Quick follow up for anyone who needs this in the future.

I was not able to find the connector easily to purchase and replace so instead I picked up some Quick Disconnects. The cable that is broken (left side) is 10 gage and the cable it connects to (the one that connects to the positive terminal) is 8 gauge. You might be able to use something like circle terminals if you could not find quick disconnects.

The repair was quick and cost about 5$. (See Coby's post below on where the cable goes)

Good luck out there,
-elliot

#8 · (Edited)
Doesn't go to starter, it goes to BCM pin A1 of C4 directly. Of course if it is broken it will not start because the BCM needs this voltage to send ignition voltage to the start relay in the underhood fuse block.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.