TSB : Power Steering Inoperative - Page 6 - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Recalls & Service Bulletins Chevy Cobalt Recalls & Service Bulletins

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 02:25 PM
Not justice...Punishment
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
I read it, and bookmarked it in case GM decided not to do the recall. The thing is that I would rater have them fix it than do it myself given that when the recall comes out they will do it for free. That sounds better than spending $100.00 on a new one to put in myself.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 02:27 PM
Forum God

Garage
But think of the wait of all the cobalts that are gonna be in

SOLD! 2.2 TURBOCHARGED. GT28 TURBO, 60# INJECTORS, WISECO PISTONS, EAGLE CONNECTING RODS, ZZP 3" DOWNPIPE, PACESETTER EXHAUST, K&N INTAKE, CUSTOM COLDSIDE PIPING, DEJON HOTSIDE PIPING, 2.4 INTAKE MANIFOLD,2.4 THROTTLE BODY, TRIFECTA TUNED.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #53 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Forum Regular

recall is official as of today, just saw it on the news.

06 Majestic Amethyst Cobalt Coupe Lt ----------------------------------------------------
Completed Modifications: 17"Aftermarket rims/tires, Completely Debadged, 2 12 inch JL Audio's, Rocksford Fosgate 1200watt amplifier, Kenwood LED headunit, Anzo black housed headlights, black painted front badge, removed door guards/factory pinstripes, VHT nightshaded brake lights, KNN air filter, aftermarket exhaust system
soon: CAI, Eibach Sportlines, 18" rims w/tires, CF trunk/hood

post #54 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 02:38 PM
XFE
Wootsauce!
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to XFE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruddaayy View Post
recall is official as of today, just saw it on the news.
yep >>>>> https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/new...ing-fault.html

post #55 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 07:59 PM
Veteran

So they are getting the part from the same jackwipes that make the faulty motor? What makes anyone think it won't be the same motor?
Also, I had read somewhere that the steering column has to be replaced along with the motor, is this true? I hope so because my steering just plain sucks!
post #56 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 08:15 PM
Newcomer

Garage
I have had the power steering go out on me twice now and am getting ready to take it in to get it fixed. So i will post back to let you know what happens. I have read many forums that say many people have had problems with power steering. I am also taking in papers from forums to the dealership to show them about it. I really think gm needs to recall all the cobalts and fix them free of charge since they are the ones who approved of the crappy parts and are using the same company toyota uses.
post #57 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 09:27 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jleonard002 View Post
I have had the power steering go out on me twice now and am getting ready to take it in to get it fixed. So i will post back to let you know what happens. I have read many forums that say many people have had problems with power steering. I am also taking in papers from forums to the dealership to show them about it. I really think gm needs to recall all the cobalts and fix them free of charge since they are the ones who approved of the crappy parts and are using the same company toyota uses.
There is a recall about to go out to all Cobalt owners.
post #58 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 06:40 AM
Newcomer

Cobalt Steering Problems

We have had our Cobalt at the dealer several times over the last year for the power steering going out while driving. Dealer refused to fix it saying they can't find a problem. Talked to 3 different dealers yesterday and got 3 different answers. Apparently a service bulleten is out that they can begin fixing the problem on 3/19/2010 under the recall. Another dealer told me the recall notices will be mailed on 3/31/2010. The car goes back in on 3/18/2010 at 4pm. I'll keep ya'll posted
post #59 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 10:11 AM
Newcomer

Garage
I have taken the car to the dealership and I got lucky because they had a part for the recall come in that day. So I got my car fixed. The dealership I took mine to was really friendly.
post #60 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 11:11 AM
Veteran

Just dropped mine off for the fuel module recall-no EPS Motors so I have to go back.
I mentioned poor mileage and he said they will check the throttle body to see if it needs cleaning. My guess is that they will recommend it (50,000 miles).
How much should it cost for a throttle body/fuel injector cleaning? He said it would be $229. Is it necessary?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode