Power Steering Assist Recall #10023 - Page 2 - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Recalls & Service Bulletins Chevy Cobalt Recalls & Service Bulletins

1Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 177 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 09:54 AM
Contributor

Thanks for the reply!

Mods:
Engine- K&N SRI Intake, NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs, Corsa Touring Cat-Back Exhaust
Suspension- FE5 SS/TC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, Koni Yellow Sport Shocks/Struts, DC Sports Strut Tower Brace
Brakes- PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk HPS Brake Pads
Wheels- 17" Tenzo RS5 Rims (Gunmetal), BFGoodrich G-Force Sport 225/45/17 tires
Exterior- Removed Side Moldings
Interior- Pioneer FH-P800BT, Pioneer 3-Way 6x9 Speakers, Carbon Fiber Interior Trim Kit

Future: 2.4L Intake Manifold, Bad-Mab Header, ZZP 2.5" Downpipe, Trifecta Tune, Eibach Sway Bar Kit, Russel SS Brake Lines
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 177 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 02:34 PM
Newcomer

Garage
i was told that i have to wait for a letter in the mail befor i can take my car in ? and do we pay for the work or is it free ??
post #13 of 177 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 03:52 PM
Newcomer

Hey Katsu is it true that a free rental is provided for all recalled balts?

--2005 Mustang GT various modifications ( 13.2 @ 108 )
--2006 Purple Cobalt LS.... Girlfriend's ride, which means i'm the maintenance man

post #14 of 177 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 06:12 PM
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to finnscobalt
I just talked to the local dealer, FIRST priority goes to the new cars they need to sell , then to cars out on the streets. Seems like the customer is last priority again!!!

sig pic courtesy of GBALT05
post #15 of 177 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
Send a message via AIM to CobaltKatsu Send a message via MSN to CobaltKatsu
lol honestly, you guys could all do this by yourself. Its 2 bolts and a plug, takes like 10 mins. And you will have to pay nothing out of your pocket. Since its warrenty/recall. And again, shouldnt need a rental, takes like 10 mins lol.

2008 Silver LS, 2.2L, 18" wheels, Airbox Mod Rockford Fosgate 10s', Stock Deck, 20% Tint, 10k HIDs, Tsudo N-1, Megan Racing Coilovers
post #16 of 177 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 10:48 PM
Staff Alumni

Garage
Send a message via MSN to biniecki Send a message via Yahoo to biniecki
My # is 67729217. This just adds to the list of items that will need to be taken care of once I get my car back from the body shop.

1) Steering Column Recall
2) Fuel Pump Recall
3) Power Steering Recall
4) Control Arm Bushings - Already have been replaced twice.
5) Stalling Issue - Stalls randomly on bumps. Been happening the entire life of the vehicle. Has progressed to not being able to restart in Neutral. Researched and seems to be a problem with BCM or PCM. Dealership resists testing or replacement w/o seeing the problem happen first hand. Has been taken in at least 4 times for this

2006 Cobalt LS 2.2L Ecotec
Show Off Thread

hailcesar quote - "I think you got the best transformation from Ls to badass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
post #17 of 177 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 12:07 PM
Newcomer

So ya my 2005 Pontiac Pursuit had this problem. So I sent it to the dealer to get fixed.

So what exactly is suppose to be fixed? Just the motor or the steering column as well?

They just changed my DC motor. But now I notice this clunking noise when going over bumps. Im thinking it could be something to do with the column.
post #18 of 177 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 12:18 PM
Forum God

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobaltKatsu View Post
lol honestly, you guys could all do this by yourself. Its 2 bolts and a plug, takes like 10 mins. And you will have to pay nothing out of your pocket. Since its warrenty/recall. And again, shouldnt need a rental, takes like 10 mins lol.
are what exactly is the motor? Is it the square black piece or the Cylinder lookin black piece, and also is it able to be swapped out without removing the WHOLE column? This will help out soo much

SOLD! 2.2 TURBOCHARGED. GT28 TURBO, 60# INJECTORS, WISECO PISTONS, EAGLE CONNECTING RODS, ZZP 3" DOWNPIPE, PACESETTER EXHAUST, K&N INTAKE, CUSTOM COLDSIDE PIPING, DEJON HOTSIDE PIPING, 2.4 INTAKE MANIFOLD,2.4 THROTTLE BODY, TRIFECTA TUNED.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #19 of 177 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 05:43 PM
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to finnscobalt
Just got done talking to CHevy HQ and they said that even though your VIN may be in the range of VIN's listed your vehicle may not be involved in the recall. Mine is in the said range for 2007 Cobalts and my car is not "flagged" for recall.

Guess I will be buying the Blue Oval when it comes time for a new vehicle.

sig pic courtesy of GBALT05
post #20 of 177 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 05:59 PM
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobaltKatsu View Post
Well I called the dealer to day and they would not honor the recall on our cobalt because the car has a salvage title. Is this true? And do you have any idea how much it would cost to replace the motor out of pocket?

--2005 Mustang GT various modifications ( 13.2 @ 108 )
--2006 Purple Cobalt LS.... Girlfriend's ride, which means i'm the maintenance man

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode