New Recall Issued (Mar 2013) - Page 10 - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Recalls & Service Bulletins Chevy Cobalt Recalls & Service Bulletins

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 92 (permalink) Old 08-21-2014, 08:09 PM
Cobalt Master

even if your car wasn't part of the recall you still have a special coverage for it, if its doing what the recalled ones were doing then you get it replaced for free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
Speed isn't everything. Sometimes, you just need a little style and flare in your motoring.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 92 (permalink) Old 08-22-2014, 04:52 AM
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanman35 View Post
Idt the old key Still works. I've heard of you use the old key it can cause problems if it's chipped or something
my old key that i used was not chipped, the original key has the chip. i took the cover off and put one old key inside above the harness and below the ign switch and wire tied it there and it works good. then i had regular keys made and the chip does it's thing. i wanted to get chipped keys but for one they told me the car only will work with 4 keys and i wanted a key on all my rings. so i got regular keys made of which if you like can be hundreds of them and they have no chip. i have done that trick with 4 cars now and they all work good.

only thing is remember to give the mechanic a non chipped key as if you ust a double chip then the alarm sounds off and won't start. ask me how i know?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode