Cobalt Recall: Ignition Switch - Page 2 - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Recalls & Service Bulletins Chevy Cobalt Recalls & Service Bulletins

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 354 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 05:28 AM
Chevy Customer Service
YourCobalt.com Premium MemberExpert

Iceman62,

Yes, we are here to assist. When you register your vehicle in Owners Center, you can check for open recalls associated to your VIN. It is updated daily but may take time to show hem recall information. We can also check your VIN as well if you send us a private message. As long as you are registered through the DMV as well, you should begin to receive safety notifications.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care

Have you checked into Chevrolet Owner Center? You can maintain service history, check on warranty or recall information, and more. Visit my.chevrolet.com!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 354 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 08:29 AM
Expert

I'm going to call Rick Hendrick Chevy next week to see if I can get my LS in the shop and get it taken care of.... has anyone got theirs fixed yet? NVM I jsut read the whole thread.... looks like I'll be headed to the dealer in april.

2009 Imperial Blue Metallic Cobalt SS/TC Sedan - "Stock":
2008 Victory Red HHR SS - Stock
2005 Chili Pepper Red Ion Redline - Stock
2007 Sunburst Orange Metallic LS Coupe - Sold

Last edited by blu3_v1p3r; 02-25-2014 at 09:06 AM.
post #13 of 354 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 04:16 AM
Forum Regular

i see they now have the hhr and the saturun what ion included in the recall 1.6 million cars in all so i expect this to take some time. most likely april or later. they still have to manufacture new and improved unit to install. it better be a complete lock cylinder and not some funky device that fits over the key so it will not turn. or some lever that you have to pull or push to turn the key like in the 70's.

post #14 of 354 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014, 02:05 PM
Forum Regular

Parts available in April? When in April??? My mom is making a trip from Ohio to Georgia in April. Her dealership is yanking her around just like everyone else on this post is being yanked. No joke, if anything happens to my mom on her trip because the local dealership is yanking her around, it will NOT be pretty. And my lawyer is scary if hes not on your side. My 06 Balt will prob be included in this, but as its sitting parked with a hell of a knock (after 2+ years), not worried about it just yet.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #15 of 354 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014, 04:15 PM
Chevy Customer Service
YourCobalt.com Premium MemberExpert

Hi teri2280,

We understand your frustrations. Please feel free to send us a private message with any questions or concerns that you may have about the Ignition Switch Recall. Thank you.

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Have you checked into Chevrolet Owner Center? You can maintain service history, check on warranty or recall information, and more. Visit my.chevrolet.com!
post #16 of 354 (permalink) Old 03-07-2014, 07:00 AM
Forum Regular

got to understand the company that makes these must be swamped 1.6 plus million parts to make plus normal production for cars being mead now. patience the people making these must be working 24-7 not everyone has a cushy 9-5 job and weekends off. plus they do need to find the people taht need them, remember some cars are not with the original owners anymore and that to takes time. if your worried just take the key of the ring and use it by itself or tape it to the ign to keep it from turning off by itself.

post #17 of 354 (permalink) Old 03-07-2014, 07:24 AM
Expert

Its pretty easy to find the people the own 05-07 Cobalts, HHRs, G5s, and the recalled cars. As long as the car is registered that is how they will find it, through the DMV system.

2009 Imperial Blue Metallic Cobalt SS/TC Sedan - "Stock":
2008 Victory Red HHR SS - Stock
2005 Chili Pepper Red Ion Redline - Stock
2007 Sunburst Orange Metallic LS Coupe - Sold
post #18 of 354 (permalink) Old 03-07-2014, 08:36 AM
Super Moderator

They also let out the news so if someone needs to know about it all they have to do is call.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #19 of 354 (permalink) Old 03-08-2014, 04:20 AM
Contributor

After registering my daughter's 06 LS online (Chevy & GM sites) + communicating with Chevy Customer Service, we're still waiting for GM to catch-up. Just need to give them time to get this recall set-up and processing...I'm sure it takes time to coord. Unless your ignition switch is acting-up, or you've got 10-lbs of bling on your keychain, just wait it out and GM will get their distro. out to owners.

06 Cobalt LS (for my daughter)
MSgt, USAF (Retired)
post #20 of 354 (permalink) Old 03-08-2014, 06:54 AM
Forum Regular

just what i said. you have to remember it is 1.6 million cars and no they just don't know where they all are. i got a recall for the hyundia sonata i traded for my cruze last year so they just don't know. to make sure the new owner got that notice i sent an email to the selling dealer and they said they would pass it on. so don't assume gm just knows. the dmv just doesn't know either. and like i said before factory people are still making ign. switches for new cars and now they have to make 1.6 mil more for the old cars, give em a chance to do it. and if your so worried take the key off the ring and use it alone in the ign. or tape it in the on position.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode