Absolutely LIKE NEW Black Leather Seats for SS or Coupe Heated Fronts + Rear - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
For Sale (Car Related Only) Post your car-related parts you have for sale!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-05-2009, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Absolutely LIKE NEW Black Leather Seats for SS or Coupe Heated Fronts + Rear

Hello:
I'm in a bit of a pickle and maybe my loss is your gain, I bought a set of (front and rear) NEW BLACK LEATHER seats for my son's 07 Chevy Cobalt Sedan. After paying $600 including $150 to ship them to NJ + $100 for the center console from a local Chevy dealer, it turns out that the seats dont fit. I took them to a PRO installer and apparently they came out of an SS or at the very least a Coupe. The seller refused to take them back and I am stuck with them the VERY DAY I retired ! LOCAL BUYERS ONLY. Believe me they cost $150 min to ship in the continental US.

They are truly beautiful seats, soft, clean, no tears, no creases..perfect. This is a cash and carry deal.
No returns, please..I gotta pay off Visa.
I am including a few pix with dimensions so that you wont wont make the same mistake I did. And do it now before it gets cold outside!

I need $450 to cover my credit card expenses (I paid over $150 to ship them to NJ which is still on my credit card), so I am out $700 and I dare you to find as nice a set of seats in any boneyard. The fronts are heated from the factory, include the rails for ease of install. I am located in Central NJ, no more than an hour from the GWB, Phil, PA, Southern CT, and less from other points in the tri-state area. My zip code is Metuchen, NJ 08840, which is central NJ, 30 miles South of Newark, 30 miles north of Princeton.

I only ask for no one who will waste my time with low ball offers or appointments that arent kept, and I will do likewise.

The price is the price and it's a darn good one. I will show you the same respect. Your expectations will be exceeded.

If you have cloth SS seats (might also fit Cobalt Coupe but you need to find out for sure), worn leathers, they also fit the Pontiac G5, and for "pimp my ride" types (I'm not one) they might fit other models, this is a heck of a deal. Christmas in October !! I have just retired so I am home all day, and evenings too.

Here are some photos that frankly dont do them justice..I've included the dimensions.
You can reach me at edwardc(3000)<-one word, no paranthesis AT yahoo DOT com.

For $450, I promise your expectations will be exceeded. Thanks for the look.
Ed in Metuchen, NJ 08840

Last edited by jpcnj; 10-05-2009 at 11:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 05:12 AM
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to finnscobalt
I was looking at doing the same thing as I hate the seats in my LS Sedan on long distance. Was it mounting holes/brackets or the dimensions that made the seats not fit right? Thanks
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 08:03 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Wont work...

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnscobalt View Post
I was looking at doing the same thing as I hate the seats in my LS Sedan on long distance. Was it mounting holes/brackets or the dimensions that made the seats not fit right? Thanks
Finn:
The fronts were workable,but a little tight against the B pillar when moved all the way back. But the "curvature" (for lack of a better word) of the backseat made it impossible to fit and the latching mechanisms to drop the seat backs are completely different. And I felt it would look pretty foolish to have new black front leathers and an old beige cloth rear seat. But they are soft as a baby's bottom...and the extra factory heaters made for an extra feature my LS didnt have. So I took the plunge and came up short. Now I have these TRULY beautiful seats, back in their boxes, and need to recover a minimum $450 to pay VISA before they send the armored truck to my house!

Hope that helps
Ed

Last edited by jpcnj; 10-06-2009 at 08:20 AM.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 10:13 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Sold!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 08:15 PM
Newcomer

I'll take you up on your dare, I bought my recaros for 100 bucks a piece from a junkyard in perfect condition. Just gotta keep your eyes out.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 08:19 PM
XFE
Wootsauce!
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to XFE
OP has not signed on in 4 months....Seats are sold....thread closed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode