Two Uncut Cobalt/Ion/HHR Keys - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
For Sale (Car Related Only) Post your car-related parts you have for sale!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
Expert

Two Uncut Cobalt/Ion/HHR Keys

I have 2 uncut Cobalt Keys $15.00 Shipped for both or $8 shipped each.

These keys are useless to me. I bought them with out reading the info on them completely. I need the Passkey 3 keys (the keys with the chip). These are not the PK3 keys. FOR MOST COBALT 06 & UP THESE WILL NOT WORK. These keys will work for SOME Cobalts, HHRs, and IONs, 06 & Older. If your car does require PK3 keys these keys will only work for your doors and trunk.

In order to tell if your car requires PK3 keys look at your key and just below the round black peice. If you see a (+) on the key these will not work, if it is blank however, then these will work for you.

You can see the difference in the picture below.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 11:10 AM
Forum Regular

Garage
dangit... mine have the (+)

I'm guessing you were having more keys cut so you'd have some more spare keys? If that is the case how much is it costing you to get the correct ones cut (the ones that have the + on them)

also, bump and GL with the sale
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 06:04 PM
Newcomer

would like 1 do you have paypal. cant send pms just joined

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Expert

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to golfin
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdmanpap View Post

I'm guessing you were having more keys cut so you'd have some more spare keys? If that is the case how much is it costing you to get the correct ones cut (the ones that have the + on them)

the ones with the (+) are a bunch...it has a chip in it basically is what im told....set for your car and only your car

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by FocSpeed View Post
would like 1 do you have paypal. cant send pms just joined
My paypal address is [email protected] if you want one send $8 and i can send it out ASAP
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 11:32 PM
Forum Regular

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfin' View Post
the ones with the (+) are a bunch...it has a chip in it basically is what im told....set for your car and only your car
gotcha, i'd like a spare key in case i lock my keys in my car, and this spare only needs to get the doors open so one of these would work for me for that purpose right?

also, how much and where would i get it cut at? just take it to the dealership i'm guessing?
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 11:32 PM Thread Starter
Expert

Quote:

When I was visiting family in for christmas in PA (I live in VA) I broke a key in my pocket somehow. I went to the dealer back home and he charged my 35 with a GM dicount for the key he said it would be about 50 with out it.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 11:37 PM
Forum Regular

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu3_v1p3r View Post
When I was visiting family in for christmas in PA (I live in VA) I broke a key in my pocket somehow. I went to the dealer back home and he charged my 35 with a GM dicount for the key he said it would be about 50 with out it.
ok cool, thats not too bad.

say i buy one of your blanks and get it cut for my car, how much will that cost to get it cut and it will at least open my doors right? the reason i want another key is just in case of that 'oh shit' scenario when you shut your door and your keys are sitting in the ignition chillin' like a villain

if it is pretty cheap to get one of your blanks cut i could help you out and buy one of yours
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 11:55 PM Thread Starter
Expert

Quote:
ok cool, thats not too bad.

say i buy one of your blanks and get it cut for my car, how much will that cost to get it cut and it will at least open my doors right? the reason i want another key is just in case of that 'oh shit' scenario when you shut your door and your keys are sitting in the ignition chillin' like a villain

if it is pretty cheap to get one of your blanks cut i could help you out and buy one of yours
maybe a few bucks to get it cut depending on where you go. last time I got a key cut was at the dealer, and they only charged me for the key.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 11:57 PM
Forum Regular

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu3_v1p3r View Post
maybe a few bucks to get it cut depending on where you go. last time I got a key cut was at the dealer, and they only charged me for the key.
i'll call the dealer tomorrow and ask them, they have a really good service department here and my family has bought 4 cars from them last year alone so they usually hook me up. if they can cut it free or cheap i'll let you know and ill take your other one off your hands
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode