07 cobalt lt steering rattle around 40+MPH - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Suspension/Wheels/Brakes/Tires Talk about Chevy Cobalt Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, and Tires here
Sponsored by:

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

07 cobalt lt steering rattle around 40+MPH

I got this cobalt about 6 months ago, it was wrecked going about 35mph when it hit another car. But no frame damage got lucky literally scrapped it barely. Anyway whenever I’m going slow speed there’s so much rattling and popping when turning on like a gravel road. The popping is very random but usually in the same spots when turning the steering wheel like 90 degrees, and in reverse the popping is still there someone told me it was a loose strut mount. I’m not sure, but all of the suspension parts are tight and good shape new cv axles. But I know these years of Cobalt’s had the EPS MODULE problem. I’ve had it replaced with the recall but there’s still a fast rattle wobble in the steering Wheel going highway speeds. Checked the I-shaft and it’s got very very little play. I’m just at a lost right now oh and the tires are all good and balanced. You can feel a lot of it mostly in the steering wheel not necessarily the body or cab any ideas???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 03:59 PM
Newcomer

have you checked the wheel bearings by any chance?

helloo....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode