Lift and tires - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Suspension/Wheels/Brakes/Tires Talk about Chevy Cobalt Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, and Tires here
Sponsored by:

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Lift and tires

I have a 2010 cobalt lt with a 2.2 ecotec and the 5 speed standard .. I was looking for ideas and pictures of ways to lift it a few inches to fit some bigger offroad tires on it .. like 29s or 30s at most .. I'm not worried about trimming fenders .. I have a stage 2 clutch in it already as I was planning on building a sleeper but I recently bought another car to build and want to use this one for winter and dirt roads going to our swimming ponds and stuff like that .. p.s I already have tires and rims just looking for ideas of how to make them fit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 06:57 AM
Initiate

Interesting idea. With 29's you are looking at a 20% increase in size, so you may find the overall gearing a bit tall. Since its a unibody you will likely only gain a few inches with spring and strut spacers, unless you want to do a subframe lift and and fab work.

What offset wheels will you use? Taller tires equals wider in most cases, and there is not a lot of clearance on the back side of the tire. I'd suggest jacking the car up and seeing if the clearance is there since you already have the tires.

2010 LT 2.2 4 door
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode