Grease Points on Suspension - 2008 Cobalt LS - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Suspension/Wheels/Brakes/Tires Talk about Chevy Cobalt Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, and Tires here
Sponsored by:

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Grease Points on Suspension - 2008 Cobalt LS

Hello All.

I have been taking good care of my Cobalt LS which has 128K miles on it. I received it (for $0) when it had 100K. I have to say the previous owner took very good care of it overall. When I dropped the auto trans pan I was terrified that the fluid had never been changed and coal size lumps of congealed fluid would pour out. But I was wrong, the fluid was a little worn but not terribly discolored. The magnet in the trans pan had very little in the way of metal shavings on it. I was quite impressed and thankful.

OK. so here is my question: Are there suspension points where I can use a grease gun and make a significant contribution to the car's longevity and avoid expensive front-end and suspension repairs? Are there any grease fittings anywhere underneath? Finally I have a grease gun with an injection needle. Are there any boots or anything where I can make a small hole with my injection needle and shoot in new grease that would be good for the car and not destroy anything. Really appreciate any feedback.

Thank you, Reuben.

Dauntless RV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 07:41 AM
Forum Regular

I think there are no stock components on a Cobalt suspension that have grease fittings if something has been replaced like tie rod ends or ball joint they may have feelings the components themselves are cheap and easy to replace

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
add grease fittings , grease , grease fittings , grease gun , suspension

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode