Wheel hub removal question - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Suspension/Wheels/Brakes/Tires Talk about Chevy Cobalt Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, and Tires here
Sponsored by:

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Wheel hub removal question

I have an '06 Cobalt LT with 40k miles on it. Recently I started hearing a noise from the front driverside wheel which resembles a piece of paper in a fan. I took it to the dealer and he said the wheel bearing was shot and they wouldn't cover the replacement since I was 4k miles over my warranty (which is b*llsh*t since this shouldn't have gone in such little time). I told the dealer to pissoff since they wanted almost $500 to change it. My questions is, since this is a drive wheel, when i take off the main outside nut and take out the three bolts in the back, is anything else going to come off other than the wheel hub assembly? Thanks for anyones help. It would also be nice if there was a DIY for something like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-18-2009, 07:07 AM
Forum Regular

If you want the job done right take it to a mechanic, especially if your not sure what your doing...maybe you can swing it with a haynes manual. I take my car to midas for everything because labor at the dealer is 120/hour and midas here is maybe 55/hour just bring in your own parts from autozone or something and you save even more money. But hey all in all its your car and this is just my opinion either way I hope it works out for you good luck.

TTR Sway bar, De badged, z-spec intake, DVD player.

"I am by no means an expert in my field of work or play"
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-18-2009, 08:07 AM
Expert

nothing else come's off but you have to take the rotor and calipers off first make's it a bit easier... i actually did this like a week ago to put some longer studs in mine.

BUT...

like cookie monster said if you dont really know exactly what your doing i'd take it to a mechanic... cuz i'm pretty sure's our's are pressed in but dont quote me one that.

ballin outta control in a camo balt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode