what do u think about.... - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Suspension/Wheels/Brakes/Tires Talk about Chevy Cobalt Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, and Tires here
Sponsored by:

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Question what do u think about....

My front tires were showing the belts ... ouch. So I was forced to get tires lol I had to get the cheepest possable, witch ended up bn cooper zion .. Anyone have em b4? R they that bad? Lol I guess there better then riding on my belts but nxt time ill get the ones I want. I paid 260 for everything (2 tires)

G85 package, b&m short shifter, lowered, injen cai, black headlights, cross drilled/slotted rotors, ngk spark plugs, black bowties, and the next project is to paint my stock rims black. =D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Beamer Send a message via Yahoo to Beamer
I have heard of them but nothing about whether they are good or bad. I am guessing they were get the job done though haha, till you need or decide to go with something else.

My Gone But Not Forgotten Cobalt(s) Show off

2015 Fiat 500 Abarth | 2016 International Durastar

Check out my Youtube page
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Yea lol. They seam to b good sofar but then again I've had bad tires sine I've owned this car lmao. What tires do u use?

G85 package, b&m short shifter, lowered, injen cai, black headlights, cross drilled/slotted rotors, ngk spark plugs, black bowties, and the next project is to paint my stock rims black. =D

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
I am still on the stock Perrrrreli's lol. Trying to decide with what to go with next. I am looking for a decent tread life but much better handling.

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Yea that's what I had and I hated em. Lol.. I want to get the hankook I read up on a lot of reviews and they seam to b great for the prick. Got abt 9.5 out of 10 for most reviews

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
whatever does not scream around some of the curves and turns I take and won't light up as easy from a stop when I hit it I well be happy.

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Yea go onto directdiscounttires.com and check em out. It will b the tire saying its new to the site. There is a guy that said he lives up on a mountain and noticed a big diff n the handeling wth em.. Ps who much did it cost u and how ling (hard is it) to get the lambo doors? Lol I want to do it to mine

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 03:40 PM
Contributor

My dad's Astro Van had parts of the belt sticking out of his tires when he bought it from the dealer used. Last weekend one of his front tires blew out, then he put the spare on and after one minute the other front tire blows out. Talk about bad luck, no one should ever let their tires get that low, as it's a big safety hazard, and a big inconvience.

Mods:
Engine- K&N SRI Intake, NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs, Corsa Touring Cat-Back Exhaust
Suspension- FE5 SS/TC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, Koni Yellow Sport Shocks/Struts, DC Sports Strut Tower Brace
Brakes- PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk HPS Brake Pads
Wheels- 17" Tenzo RS5 Rims (Gunmetal), BFGoodrich G-Force Sport 225/45/17 tires
Exterior- Removed Side Moldings
Interior- Pioneer FH-P800BT, Pioneer 3-Way 6x9 Speakers, Carbon Fiber Interior Trim Kit

Future: 2.4L Intake Manifold, Bad-Mab Header, ZZP 2.5" Downpipe, Trifecta Tune, Eibach Sway Bar Kit, Russel SS Brake Lines
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
The lambo's were not too hard, I mean it was but overrall if you know alittle of what to do(my dad and I had no instructions) its not bad, just time consuming. Took a total of about 9hrs to do it. After you get one the second is obviously alot smoother and quicker. Its hard to really talk about it with having the car right here and a kit lol. The kit I got we had to do some modifying to the kit. You definitely need tools, it doesn't take much but having power tools and a grinder came in handy for us.

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Yea. I didn't paln on it. Lol didn't even notice it till I got out off my car wth the wheels turned

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode