Drop Kits, Whats the Difference? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Suspension/Wheels/Brakes/Tires Talk about Chevy Cobalt Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, and Tires here
Sponsored by:

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Lightbulb Drop Kits, Whats the Difference?

Ive run into these Dropzone lowering springs for 99$, which is 100$ cheaper than the 200$ Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs. Why is this exactly, both products are just springs with the same purpose? Is this similar to how women's purses(which i will never understand) with the same fabric and design but different label names can be hundreds of dollars in difference...? lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009, 09:20 PM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerForum God

Garage
Send a message via MSN to lobalt

Yeah... that & the way they're compressed & how far they lower... but IMO its all in the brand... maybe they use different metal so the rides could be different too, or how much they'll settle, or how stiff they are... but of course, i could be totally wrong too.

Christy // 2008 HHR SS // instagram: cjay117
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009, 09:31 PM
Veteran

Only 2 main factors...quality and name.

Different springs have different drops and spring rates, but the thing that sets them apart the most is how they are made. Eibach offers a million mile warranty and supposedly Drop Zone offers a warranty for as long as you have them installed in the original car they were purchased for (BS)...they have no contact info out there on the web...when you order their springs, they send nothing that tells you how to contact them if you have problems...their website doesn't even go anywhere....it comes up suspended. It is dropzonesuspension.com which is cbwheels.com.

Do some searches for Drop Zone springs and you will see the biggest complaint is that they squeak like crazy...people get annoyed by them and buy something better...save yourself some money in the long run and buy a bigger name brand...not saying to go with Eibach, but choose wisely and research.

Remember, you get what you pay for.

Eibach, H&R, B&G, Pedders, there are others, but I can't remember them right now that I would go with over Dropzone.

-Mike
|07' LS Sedan|Ultra Silver|Auto|MTX X Thunderlink|Debadged|35% Tint|Sportlines|Injen CAI|ARK Antenna|ARK STB| OTTP "Street" bar|Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position 205-60-15|Hawk PC pads|PowerSlot Slotted rotors|

Not installed yet: Pacesetter Header|Exhaust Depot DP|LSJ Cat-Back|Injen Hydroshield|MSR 045 18x8 Black w/ Red Pinstripe

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

TwistedBalt said he has the Dropzone springs and Loves em'.?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009, 09:56 PM
Veteran

That's one users experience...you can try them, but it doesn't mean you will feel the same.

It's up to you, I personally would not...but if I could do it over, I would have gotten H&R or Pedders myself (Pedders weren't out a year ago though...plus they are $360 plus shipping).

-Mike
|07' LS Sedan|Ultra Silver|Auto|MTX X Thunderlink|Debadged|35% Tint|Sportlines|Injen CAI|ARK Antenna|ARK STB| OTTP "Street" bar|Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position 205-60-15|Hawk PC pads|PowerSlot Slotted rotors|

Not installed yet: Pacesetter Header|Exhaust Depot DP|LSJ Cat-Back|Injen Hydroshield|MSR 045 18x8 Black w/ Red Pinstripe
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

2006 Chevy Cobalt Eibach Springs, Eibach Sportline Springs

How about these? good choice? Im trying to stay under 250$, and these include free ship.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009, 10:45 PM
Veteran

Go for it....I ordered my sportlines from them...received them in a decent amount of time. They don't carry most of what they sell though, so some things will take time...I ordered that an an Injen CAI from them...the Injen never shipped even after a month of waiting...I canceled that order and found a used one for less than half the price of a new one.

AJUSA.com is also a great place to deal with...they have them for a couple bucks cheaper.

-Mike

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 06:20 AM
XFE
Wootsauce!
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to XFE
I have tenzos and i have no complaints on them. 2.0" in front and 2.5" in the rear was the drop. they settled nicely and they have a pretty decent ride, No squeaks either. i think i paid just under $200 for them.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 06:51 AM
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
Send a message via AIM to GBALT05
Yeah, get the Sportlines. Love em!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode