Question on Springs/struts/shocks/intake - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Suspension/Wheels/Brakes/Tires Talk about Chevy Cobalt Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, and Tires here
Sponsored by:

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Question Question on Springs/struts/shocks/intake

I ordered ksport springs a few days ago, 90% likely to install them as soon as they get here. I'm going to take, before and after pics (07 coupe ls)
1) How worried should i be about installing better shocks and struts. and when should they be done
2) When should i get an alignment, If one at all.
3) whats your take on the ksport gt springs (keep in mind, they are already ordered)

4) On a budget so I'm looking for the 90-93 accord intake and i cant figure out which one to get on ebay... Did the intake silencer mod, should i just take the whole are box out and install the intake with the round air filter or leave the box and just pipe it from the manifold to the box

thanks in advance
oh and i just joined today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 04:59 PM
Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ramphex
whoa, why are you getting an accord intake? But yeah you probably won't need an alignment until whenever you feel like getting one, the only thing it'll throw off that you can adjust is toe in/out and it shouldn't be by much, let them settle in and give it some time before you go realigning

2010 Cobalt SS: Full Bolt-Ons, tuned. -- Sold.
2014 WW Evo GSR: S/S & Interior Package
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 05:00 PM
XFE
Wootsauce!
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to XFE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmeredith0 View Post
I ordered ksport springs a few days ago, 90% likely to install them as soon as they get here. I'm going to take, before and after pics (07 coupe ls)
1) How worried should i be about installing better shocks and struts. and when should they be done
2) When should i get an alignment, If one at all.
3) whats your take on the ksport gt springs (keep in mind, they are already ordered)

4) On a budget so I'm looking for the 90-93 accord intake and i cant figure out which one to get on ebay... Did the intake silencer mod, should i just take the whole are box out and install the intake with the round air filter or leave the box and just pipe it from the manifold to the box

thanks in advance
oh and i just joined today.

First off welcome to yourcobalt.com!

congrats on ur purchase you will not regret it!
As for shocks and struts, there are a lot of us here that are on stockers and have been for a while. I personally have been lowered on stock shocks and struts for about 11,*** miles and i have NO problems.

You SHOULD get an alignment as soon as you can, within the first week at least.

And as far as the intake goes Please read this thread first before u do anything. https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/eng...ke-thread.html

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 05:03 PM
XFE
Wootsauce!
Staff Alumni

Send a message via AIM to XFE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramphex View Post
whoa, why are you getting an accord intake? But yeah you probably won't need an alignment until whenever you feel like getting one, the only thing it'll throw off that you can adjust is toe in/out and it shouldn't be by much, let them settle in and give it some time before you go realigning

well I can't remember which one it is, civic or accord but if you just use the intake pipe itself, it will work. I have seen it done. Given it is just a short ram tho. Plus you still need the MAF adapter

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 05:04 PM
Forum God

Finally someone with springs other than eibach. You'll love the ksport. They make the car look good. Just remember one thing, a member here said you get what you pay for with ksport springs. Lol

Dropped Carbon Fiber SS, Project JDM

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 05:05 PM
Staff Alumni

Garage
welcome to YC.

as far as the struts and shocks go, you will be fine for a while on the stocker. time depends on your driving habits. and reason for lowering. if you just want the looks. stay with the stocks until they go.
if you are lowering for performance reasons, PERSONALLY i say replace them asap. the spings do a good job. but for full potential, higher quality struts/shocks are needed.

alignment kinda depends on the quality of the suspension install. you can go for a while without, but its best to get one asap.

the intake, just stay with the airbox mod as is. the corrugated piping is more restrictive than the box itself.

Last edited by scagnetti76; 11-13-2009 at 05:20 PM.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

should i have spent some extra hard earned money and got better springs?
I got them for the handling aspect, i feel like shes sloppy, body roll de/acceleration ect. Don't do much aggressive driving unless I'm late to work haha. I will test them out when their done though or should i wait for them to settle or something
thanks a lot guys for the info

I'm gonna get a shirt made that says

I <3
YC
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 05:22 PM
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to LSlowBalt
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 08:26 AM
Forum Regular

Ksports are good springs for the money. There are a lot of members here that run the Ksports and are satisfied with them. They create a very nice look!
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 08:47 AM
OBZ
Staff AlumniDedicated

We just built an intake for my friends 2.4 last night. We used some spectre parts and a civic intake tube.. pretty sweet intake and it was only 50 bucks!

"A wise man speaks because he has something to say,
A fool speaks because he has to say something"
OBZ's showoff thread!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode