Air Ride Setups - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Suspension/Wheels/Brakes/Tires Talk about Chevy Cobalt Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, and Tires here
Sponsored by:

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
Staff Alumni

Garage
Send a message via MSN to biniecki Send a message via Yahoo to biniecki
Air Ride Setups

I am going to be interested in purchasing an air ride setup this spring or summer. I was wondering if anyone here has an air setup. If so did you buy a complete kit or parts individually? Which parts or kit did you purchase? How much did it cost? Does anyone sell a pre-made kit besides CA and Easy Street? Lastly if anyone is interested in my complete Koni yellow w/ #1 lowering springs let me know as I will be selling it all once I do the conversion.

2006 Cobalt LS 2.2L Ecotec
Show Off Thread

hailcesar quote - "I think you got the best transformation from Ls to badass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Last edited by biniecki; 01-07-2010 at 06:34 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 08:14 PM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerCobalt Master

sorry for the useless post, but static height ftw! :D

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 08:36 PM

ksport makes a kit.

Just call me Mr.June____________________Flat Broke Mafia Member#2

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 05:58 AM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerForum God

Garage
Send a message via MSN to lobalt
i love air ride... my buddy who had air on his cavalier recommended airbagit.com where you can get the entire kit to bag a balt for about $1400, but i think there was a sale then so idk what the price is now. i plan to do this too... well maybe, depends on if i get a truck or not. LOL... but then again, one of my minitruckin friends said it would prob be cheaper to get it part by part instead of a whole kit, so im not sure exactly. haha

Christy // 2008 HHR SS // instagram: cjay117
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 06:30 AM Thread Starter
Staff Alumni

Garage
I looked into the companies that were mentioned and ksport does not make an air setup for the cobalt. They only make coilovers. Airbagit.com offers a setup but it looked pretty cheap and was $1800. CA offers a kit for $2100 shipped and Easy Street had one for just over $2000 at a 3rd party retailer that I found. The thing I liked about the ES kit was that it came with an electronic display / controller instead upgrade option that you could use instead of the big switch box. However this option was listed as close to $1700 on their website lol. Keep looking to see what we can find. Hopefully we can make a sticky listing all of the options.

Show Off Thread

hailcesar quote - "I think you got the best transformation from Ls to badass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Last edited by biniecki; 01-07-2010 at 03:12 PM.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biniecki View Post
I looked into the companies that were mentioned and ksport does not make an air setup for the cobalt. They only make coilovers. Airbagit.com offers a setup but it looked pretty cheap and was $1800. CA offers a kit for $2100 shipped and Easy Street had one for just over $2000 at a 3rd party retailer that I found. The thing I liked about the ER kit was that it came with an electronic display / controller instead upgrade option that you could use instead of the big switch box. However this option was listed as close to $1700 on their website lol. Keep looking to see what we can find. Hopefully we can make a sticky listing all of the options.
where did you look at for the k sports.. i was a dealer for them and i have seen the ksport air ride for cobalts..

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Staff Alumni

Garage
I went to there site and there is not air ride setup listed for the cobalt. I did however call Easy Street about a full kit w/ the auto pilot digital controller and it would be around $2200 shipped

Show Off Thread

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biniecki View Post
I went to there site and there is not air ride setup listed for the cobalt. I did however call Easy Street about a full kit w/ the auto pilot digital controller and it would be around $2200 shipped
thats strange but $2200 is a great price! i would go with that.

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-10-2010, 11:02 PM
Veteran

Garage
If you buy things seperatley go to suicidedoors.com They are F-ing amazing! I dont like the digital set-up you can ask just about any s10 guy that is bagged..... like I was :( stupid cobalt. Digital is too tough to read because your numbers will be jumping all over the place, when you use a needle and gauge system they might be jumping but at least you dont have to read a blurry needle.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 05:36 AM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerForum God

Garage
Send a message via MSN to lobalt
Quote:
Originally Posted by slobalt View Post
If you buy things seperatley go to suicidedoors.com They are F-ing amazing! I dont like the digital set-up you can ask just about any s10 guy that is bagged..... like I was :( stupid cobalt. Digital is too tough to read because your numbers will be jumping all over the place, when you use a needle and gauge system they might be jumping but at least you dont have to read a blurry needle.
i was gonna make sure i posted suicidedoors.com when i got here this morning... you beat me to it.

Christy // 2008 HHR SS // instagram: cjay117
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode