ORDERED MY SPRINGS! and Question - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Suspension/Wheels/Brakes/Tires Talk about Chevy Cobalt Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, and Tires here
Sponsored by:

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
Forum God

ORDERED MY SPRINGS! and Question

hey all!

Just ordered my springs. Decided to go with the B&G S2 springs, since most of you on here that have em have good feedback, and those things drop beautifully. I plan on buying a set of fe5 TC shocks and struts to go with it. I imagine that since the SS is lower than my ls, that they are made to damp slightly lower springs as well. I'm assuming then that the fe5 TC shocks/struts would last longer with the lowering springs than the stock Ls shocks/struts. Will the springs settle differently on the fe5 shocks/struts? and difference in performance? can't wait to get this done :D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 05:57 PM
Forum God

Garage
way better handling

SOLD! 2.2 TURBOCHARGED. GT28 TURBO, 60# INJECTORS, WISECO PISTONS, EAGLE CONNECTING RODS, ZZP 3" DOWNPIPE, PACESETTER EXHAUST, K&N INTAKE, CUSTOM COLDSIDE PIPING, DEJON HOTSIDE PIPING, 2.4 INTAKE MANIFOLD,2.4 THROTTLE BODY, TRIFECTA TUNED.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
Forum God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glowbalt View Post
way better handling
Lovely. Bump for more answers? :D

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 06:11 PM
I cut stuff
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
My guess would be that they would not settle any differently but i don't know for a fact. and I'm sure they are going to give you better handling. I have been on My B&G's for maybe a month or something now and I'm still on factory struts/shocks and everything is great so far. Welcome to the club! lol

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

btw make yourself a garage.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Forum God

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerlow View Post
My guess would be that they would not settle any differently but i don't know for a fact. and I'm sure they are going to give you better handling. I have been on My B&G's for maybe a month or something now and I'm still on factory struts/shocks and everything is great so far. Welcome to the club! lol

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

btw make yourself a garage.
Thanks can't wait to install them! I'll make a garage once I'm able to get more updated pics. Gonna wait to put my mags on until suspension is done and weather permits. I also got quite a few other projects on the go for the spring. Won't be long :D
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 08:45 PM
I cut stuff
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 09:09 PM
Forum Regular

Garage
where'd you pick them up from? I'd like to get some.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 10:20 PM
Expert

You aren't going to have as much of a drop if you put them on FE5 struts/shocks. Different compression. Pretty high handling upgrade though.

My turbo lag is your courtesy head start.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 06:38 PM
Forum Regular

Garage
Send a message via AIM to scoshus99999
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleeditsays View Post
where'd you pick them up from? I'd like to get some.
yeah id like to know too. im going to order some tomorrow.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
Forum God

I'll give u the link. I know their feedback score is on the low side but i've dealt with ebay a ton, and I asked them all the right questions before ordering. They shipped the springs WITH a tracking number literally 20 minutes after they received payment, and were relatively fast at responding to my questions etc. I know neverenoughauto had some on ebay too but they wanted $247 plus $69 shipping to Canada, so I figure $210 including shipping to Canada was pretty good deal :D here's the link;

B&G BG S2 Sport Springs 05-09 Chevy Cobalt ON SALE!! : eBay Motors (item 300404671711 end time Mar-15-10 10:10:05 PDT)

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBaltSS View Post
You aren't going to have as much of a drop if you put them on FE5 struts/shocks. Different compression. Pretty high handling upgrade though.
you sure about that? the fe5 struts/shocks are damped for slightly lower springs, plus the weight of the car should compress them to about the same height as stock shocks/struts I think, but maybe a small difference....we'll see I guess. Anyways how much of a loss in drop do you think I would see compared to cobaltkatsu for example? cuz that's the drop i'm looking for about...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode