Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimz or hubcapps???

2K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  MP81 
#1 ·
ok i jus put fresh new tires on at big O's not too long ago for future reference if i see some nice @z# rims would that be a problem to put on. would i have to buy the rimz and new tires or can they do an easy swap out of my stock hubcaps to the rimz???(there nice lookin but then again they are hubcaps dang:( LOL. thanks

#2 ·
they can do a swap out for your hubcaps..just make sure u get the right size to match ur current tire

#3 ·
First of all, theres no one here thats 15- so you dont need to talk to us like we are... Second, you realize that you'd be swapping your hubcaps for 15 inch rimzzzz right? So they would be the exact same size as the stock wheels except for being real rims, now THAT would be retarded... You'd have to get a whole new set of low profile tires if you want any self respecting sized rims on your car.

#6 ·
So they would be the exact same size as the stock wheels except for being real rims, now THAT would be retarded... You'd have to get a whole new set of low profile tires if you want any self respecting sized rims on your car.
Whoa hold on. What's this whole deal with self-respecting rims being bigger than 15's?

#8 · (Edited)
:mad: It doesn't sound like he's going to do much racing... He's more worried about putting nice wheels on the car. He'll buy 15's and regret it. He can go clear up to 18's and it's not really going to hurt any performance. If they are a decent rim, he won't look like a ricer. He'll have his stock 15's for winter, so there won't be any handling issues. He just needs to not buy 15" aftermarket rims, and regret it later. Even if he were to want to make the car faster, street racing is illegal and highly stupid anyway (not to mention a topic we DON'T talk about on this site!!), he can swap to the 15's at the track.

#14 ·
How will he "regret it"? any wheel will look fine at 15" and it will save him time in the winter. And yes street racing is illegal but there is this thing called autocross which is a safe alternative to street racing. Just go with the 15" and you wont have to take them off come winter. you can use your stock rims with some sticky R tires if you do go racing.

#9 ·
Why is everyone getting angry???

#15 ·
Thats bullshit. A "self respecting" rim can be 15". It doesn't have to be some 200$ rims. you will lose power if you go with bigger rims, it will handle worse in the snow, and it will be a bumpier ride if you go with lower profile tires. If you stick with the 15"s then you you will keep the power, hadle better and save money on the rims because they wont be monsterous. And if you get the rims too big with an awful style then your car will have a distinct "ricer" look to it. Trust me go with the 15"s
If you put 15" rims on this car, your a RETARD.. Sorry I said it flat out, cause its better to just stay with steelies unless you are strictly trying to shave pounds with some aluminum units.. Rims are for style, you want something that looks proportional... Big rims are NOT rice... They do NOTHING to enhance performance and everyone knows the larger the diameter, the more weight- hence they cannot be rice.... I myself am against overly large rims, but it is about keeping proportions correct. Looks at what sizes everyone here runs, either 17"s or 18"s....

#19 ·
I'll be running my 18" MSRs in the summer, and my 15" steelies in the winter.

SS's run 18s, so they certainly are not "too big" or "rice". But honestly, I've seen aftermarket 15" rims, and they just look weird...small...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.