Exaust Leak...but No Leak,,, - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Suspension/Wheels/Brakes/Tires Talk about Chevy Cobalt Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, and Tires here
Sponsored by:

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 10:54 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Exaust Leak...but No Leak,,,

hey all! so i got a exaust leak(sounds like coming from under shifter area).i can only hear it on acceleration and cant find air leaks with help from friends revving and holding tailpipe down.Any body have any awnsewrs thanks.kyle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 10:55 PM
Yay go me
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

did u go under and look

My sig thanks to Gcobalt
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 01:28 AM
Forum Regular

Might be the flex tubing right after the manifold. I had a leak there and the only time I could hear it was when I was accelerating. If you are under 80k miles you can get it replaced under the emissions warranty. If they try to tell you that the warranty only covers the cat and the ecm let them know that the downpipe and cat are one piece, that is how I got mine replaced.

Current Mods: Eibach Pro-kit springs and anti-roll kit, KYB Excell-G struts and shocks, Moog sway links, Prothane Front Control Arm Bushings (coming soon)

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 07:33 AM
Expert

^^ thad be my guess, flex pipes are wierd, theyll have u chasing leaks for hours,

mods... tinted taillights, 1000 watt alpine mono amp, 2 10 inch alpine type "r" subs, basspro slot ported box, xm radio, alpine 6x9 rear speekers, alpine 6.5 front speekers (both type "s",09SS front bumper and lip,black factory headlights, 12k foglights, 10k headlights, slp catback,fe5 suspension with sportlines,black carpet, painted plastics (black) huge custom pink monster sticker... and ofcourse.... BLACKED OUT!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 08:50 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

alright thanks..thasught mabey that what it is...i got 130km on it and baught used at 60km...i had extended warranty but dont think it in effect due to me moving and not sending in regulaer oil change cards...thanks all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode