Need a Wheel Experts Help!! - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Suspension/Wheels/Brakes/Tires Talk about Chevy Cobalt Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, and Tires here
Sponsored by:

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Need a Wheel Experts Help!!

Hi Im looking into ordering some Enkei FD-05 Wheels...does anyone know if these will fit on a 2006 cobalt LS?? I went to one place and they say the center piece where the wheel slides on is too big (or small, can't remember) for the wheel to fit on...but when I call 1010tires.com they say it will have no problem...anyone have a problem like this with other wheels that they were looking at?

Thanks,

Matt

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 04:00 PM
Contributor

Garage
Send a message via AIM to youthminguy
if you have an ls those won't fit because they're a 5 lug. the LS and LT use a 4x100 pattern so only 4 lug rims will work

'08 coupe special edition, blue bowties, red streetglow footwell LED's, red razo race pedals, custom build SRI, pioneer avh-p3100dvd headunit, shorty antenna, Kicker 07DS600 speakers, cobalt 3rd brake light decal
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

That's not the issue they come in 4 bolt aswell already comfirmed that at both places, just something about the center of the rim being too small/big

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 04:31 PM
XFE
Wootsauce!
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to XFE
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 05:08 PM
Forum Regular

Garage
Ok what you need are hub rings. they are plastic inserts for aftermarket wheels to shrink the wheel hub to fit the hub of the car. and you are correct about they do come in 4x100. if you can order them from
Discount Tire, Custom Wheels, Truck & Car Rims | Discount Tire
this is my work. if you dont have a discount tire near you this is the best way to go! if you have anymore questions you can pm me!

^^clicky^^-KKK K24 TDI turbo (small but no boost lag, and also great for the engine size, lots of power), 42lb injectors, jdm sport intercooler, and plenty of fun treats!!! click the photo to see the garage ask away!!! Also please check out my website i just made for my photography please... let me know what ya think!!! austinreidphotography.weebly.com thank you!-
-I work at Discount Tire Co.-
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Hmm well I talked to my dealer again and he said that his distributor said that the wheel hub on the cobalt is too big for this rim...so even the insert wouldn't work..but now im looking at these rims, what do you guys think??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode