Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts

-   Suspension/Wheels/Brakes/Tires (https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/suspension-wheels-brakes-tires/)
-   -   Which is Better for a Flat Tire? (https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/suspension-wheels-brakes-tires/18657-better-flat-tire.html)

Miss_Cobaltous2 04-11-2010 07:21 PM

Which is Better for a Flat Tire?

so i've owned 2 cobalts now, one with a sealant & inflator, and then one with a spare tire.
my question is, what do yall think is better?

jaysbalt 04-11-2010 07:27 PM

what i got is 4 oem wheels and tires on and and 1 more extra oem wheel and tire in my balcony. i keep the spare in the trunk so if one of my tires goes out or my wheel gets bent (again -_-), i got an extra one and i can get the other fixed.

finnscobalt 04-11-2010 07:58 PM

The inflator will not help if the tire completely disintegrates, and then you have to wait for who knows how long for Roadside Assistance to get there.

Nosfuratu9 04-11-2010 08:00 PM

spare/another tire because if the tires blows out you're f*cked w/sealant

Philswrath 04-11-2010 08:01 PM

def a spare
if you got the room, both lol

golfin 04-11-2010 08:14 PM

BCAA :) if you use your spare tire well to put in a system

Nighthawk243 04-11-2010 08:23 PM

Spare. Tire shops hate the canned stuff.

bbqdhamster 04-11-2010 09:21 PM

I'd def say a spare... I picked up a screw once, threw my spare on, and fixed the tire when I got home.

blazerlow 04-11-2010 09:32 PM

I voted spare tire hands down without a doubt. that sealant/goop stuff is a total joke. like others have said, if you have a blow out with anything larger than the size of a nail. you are screwed and forced to call a tow truck. the only reason they are doing this sealant stuff is to save themselves money and cut down on the weight of the vehicle. mostly to save the company money though. This is just a phase that prolly won't last long. people will get fed up with that crap and demand having a spare tire again.

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

oh and I forgot to mention. A lot of the time when you install the tire goop stuff. it automatically makes the tire junk and unrepairable. even if it would have been able to be repaired before. and it also voids warranty on some tires that have that option. so now you are looking at having to purchase a new tire when it could have been repaired. and then on top of that, it is best not to only buy one tire, you should buy at least 2 tires at a time (one set per axle) so yeah it's a joke haha

Force 04-12-2010 06:12 AM

Spare, though it will be a pain if I get a front flat since I have to move the back wheel forward and THEN mount the donut.

Woooo Brembo and limited-slip diff.