Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sway Bar WTF???

12K views 41 replies 10 participants last post by  OBZ 
#1 ·
To anyone that has changed their front sway bar... HOW DID YOU DO IT??? I tried taking mine out today and it didn't work.

HELP!!!

#7 · (Edited)
I told you it sucked.

I swung my trans mount up. My control arms were out of the car when I did it. Though I didn't really move the cradle.

Lets see what I got.

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

You can see the vertical rod end bushing on the control arm (on the left "wing" of the control arm) - that slides into the cradle. Big ol' bolt.

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

You'll be able to see the trans mount from above and below. There's a horizontal bolt that connects it to the engine, and 3 3847628746238746 foot long bolts on the bottom that bolt it to the frame.

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

No pics for the trans mount - but it's easy to spot. You pretty much just gotta twist and pull and work it out. Helps to have two people.

#9 ·
Best of luck. Don't hesitate to post up if you have a problem!

#13 ·
I was swapping my control arms to FE5 ones, that's why they were out.

#15 ·
Remove what? The control arms? You don't. Just gives you more room.

Trans mount bolts are under the car, and then one that connects the mount to the trans, accessible in the engine bay.

#17 ·
I have an auto. It was a *****, I kept hitting the downpipe. You just have to work it out of there.

#19 ·
Can't work on it during the weekend?

Just have someone come over and help! If it was warmer out, I'd say drive to MI and I'd help ya, haha.

#24 ·
That's what we said. You have to take the trans mount out.

#26 ·
I had mine on stands, that was it.

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

The bottom 3 bolts of the trans mount aren't hard - the top horizontal one can be a *****, because of how high it is torqued.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.